What's Your Internet Connection Speed?

h3%5kr3w

What's Your Internet Connection Speed and what type of connection do you have?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What type of connection do you have?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber optic related (FIOS, UVERSE, ETC)
    • T1
    • T3
    • POTS [Dialup] (Poor ole' telco system folks... I feel for ya)
    • Satellite
    • WIFI (WIMAX,ETC)
  2. 2. What speed do you have (Advertised, or Real speed)

• Less than 3kbps
    • Between 56kbps and 3kbps
    • Between 128kbps and 56kbps
    • Between 256kbps and 128kbps
    • Between 720kbps and 256kbps
    • Between 1mbps and 720kbps
    • Between 4mbps and 1mbps
    • Between 6mbps and 4mbps
    • Between 12mbps and 6mbps
    • > 12mbps (I am teh I-net gawd and I haz supah fast connection + moneyz~)

poop... something else I didnt think about . Benchmarks... sry. I meant just average joe-website, or torrent download speed. Heck I can clock mine @ 6.3mbps down and 2.5mbps up all day long, but it's not really what I am getting.

421130986.png

Vanilla 1.5Mbit DSL line,.. had the DSL "elite" 6Mbit but I don't need the speed... or want to pay the extra $$ for it ...:)

On a side note the ISP I work for provides a "standard" connection of 15.0 Mbits down 2.0 up or you can get the 30.0 down 5 up for an extra $10 bucks a month... too bad I'm not in the company's service area :(

hey gcninja are you sharing your connection with anyone ?? If your NOT ( and you're wired & not downloading anything) check for packet loss on your connection... same thing happened to me about a year ago ..took 3 techs to find out it was a faulty card in the UBR at the CO.

haha thats gotta suck, also h3% how is it i get better up but a shitty down?

and dr0p whats powerboost?

Well, that has alot to do with what the IP wants you to have at your disposal. They are probably on a plan with their trunk provider to get x up for $ and x down for $ and so they give a little more up to justify the price of the down. *because unless you run a server, it's obvious that you would not use near the ammount of down*

hey gcninja are you sharing your connection with anyone ?? If your NOT ( and you're wired & not downloading anything) check for packet loss on your connection... same thing happened to me about a year ago ..took 3 techs to find out it was a faulty card in the UBR at the CO.

Wow now that sucks, but hey, it happens...

well, i was at the moment i think with one maybe another computer and yes, this is a wired one, its from me to my DD-WRT to my router.. where i live ive heard a rumor and still unsure, since im in the middle of no where our communications, which is what DSL uses (landline) all goes through a satellite (or multiple) dish(es) so it could be that. let me run it one more time this late

hre you are

421166594.png

I get roughly about 75mbps download and about 40mbps upload. Thank god Dundee was one of the cities choses to test Fibre Optic Connections :D

(Id post a speed test but im on my iphone so cant use the flash speed test or copy and paste the code :( )

haha thats gotta suck, also h3% how is it i get better up but a shitty down?

and dr0p whats powerboost?

Powerboost is where they uncap your download speed for the first 0-10 seconds of a download so if you're downloading a small file it finishes almost instantly. Of course during peak times this isn't available but it's still nice to have late at night ^_^