• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is my l337 desktop and of course it is mac OSX 10.5.6

33ok7wk.jpg

Interesting,... evernote? I love the idea, but was never able to make it useful. What do you use it for/how do you use it? Well hurr's mine. Almost identical to my previous ones.

post-12442-1235942649_thumb.jpg

+1 for awesomeness

reminds of the new LRR video

"I need something easy to follow and understand, how about this FLCL (he says f-l-c-l)?"

"Oh ya thats REALLY easy to follow"

+1 back to your for knowing it's FLCL <3

I LoL'd at Dr0ps comment, I was think the exact samething when I put it together a couple of days ago. I am still umming and ar-ing over what colors to use. I like the green for the terminal text but wanna change the orange on the conky display to match the terminal green.

Good god, this convo is so un-manly, I think I have come down with a case of the G-HEY! =P

Thanks Dingle, I must say I like linux for the most part and thankfully some of you folk have made the switch fair less painful.

Fedora actually, it does say so beneath the picture in bold text. ;)

hahahah Poor Dingle must have been pulling a few to many late nighters, either that or he is drunk posting. =P

Fedora 10 aint it? last I checked they where on 8 *fuck I am behind the times*. How does Fedora run on the EEE anyways? I had that EEEUbuntu on mine a week ago but it pissed me off and I went back to the default xandros.

MMM Asus 701 great model, great wifi card but shit keyboard/mouse pad XD

hahahah Poor Dingle must have been pulling a few to many late nighters, either that or he is drunk posting. =P

Fedora 10 aint it? last I checked they where on 8 *fuck I am behind the times*. How does Fedora run on the EEE anyways? I had that EEEUbuntu on mine a week ago but it pissed me off and I went back to the default xandros.

MMM Asus 701 great model, great wifi card but shit keyboard/mouse pad XD

It is indeed Fedora 10, works very nicely right out of the box on the 701 with all hardware fully functional (except the wifi on/off function key for some reason, no big deal, I never use that key anyway, all other Fn keys work) and the battery life is a respectable 2:15 playing a video over wifi on loop until the battery dies. That's compared to XP's 2:30 doing the same when the machine was brand new, so that's more than good enough for a year old battery. Xandros is shit and Ubuntu's given me nothing but issues on the 701 but Fedora's given me no such grief.

One thing I did notice is that neither XP, Windows 7 or Ubuntu could report remaining battery life in minutes/hours, only percentages, but Fedora has no trouble displaying a real time and it's pretty accurate while doing it too.

Personally I find the keyboard/touchpad more than adequate, but then I guess I wasn't expecting a $1000 17" laptop when I bought it so my expectations were low enough to not be pissed off with it.

It is indeed Fedora 10, works very nicely right out of the box on the 701 with all hardware fully functional (except the wifi on/off function key for some reason, no big deal, I never use that key anyway, all other Fn keys work) and the battery life is a respectable 2:15 playing a video over wifi on loop until the battery dies. That's compared to XP's 2:30 doing the same when the machine was brand new, so that's more than good enough for a year old battery. Xandros is shit and Ubuntu's given me nothing but issues on the 701 but Fedora's given me no such grief.

One thing I did notice is that neither XP, Windows 7 or Ubuntu could report remaining battery life in minutes/hours, only percentages, but Fedora has no trouble displaying a real time and it's pretty accurate while doing it too.

Personally I find the keyboard/touchpad more than adequate, but then I guess I wasn't expecting a $1000 17" laptop when I bought it so my expectations were low enough to not be pissed off with it

Thanks for that little right up on fedora 10 on the Asus EEE, you just convinced me to give it a whirl. XD

Yeah you are right on the money about the battary life not being displayed properly, it was rather annoying when messing around with Back Track 3 beta.

lol True true the EEE 701 can't be compared to your standard laptop but if you only had the 701 for a year as your only gateway to the interwebs you would get pissed off with the mouse and keyboard too. Speaking of that I think I broke the left click button from over use, but hey its forced me to learn keyboard short cuts. =P