MS Exchange client for Linux?

VaKo

I'm after an exchange compatible mail client for linux to use with my corporate email account, preferably one that supports connections over http in addition to mapi (IMAP and POP3 have been disabled). Anyone know of one? Bonus points if it does not have a silly name. You loose points for telling me that I should be using a linux mail server or similar.

I'm after an exchange compatible mail client for linux to use with my corporate email account, preferably one that supports connections over http in addition to mapi (IMAP and POP3 have been disabled). Anyone know of one? Bonus points if it does not have a silly name. You loose points for telling me that I should be using a linux mail server or similar.

Is it true?! King Vako doesn't have the answer nor the GoogleFu skills to find it?

It's the end of the world!!!

I just thought I'd ask as the only thing I could find was an Evolution plugin that appears to be a dead project and tbh I'm not a huge fan of desktop linux. This does appear to be a huge problem for linux, the outlook web access client is ok but its no Outlook. To be honest, I think I'm going to have to install WINE and run Outlook 2007 on top of this.

To be honest, I think I'm going to have to install WINE and run Outlook 2007 on top of this.

The 2007 installer crashes under wine for my self. I got 2003 installed, but I can't add a email account because it crashes when I open the email accounts menu.

• 2 weeks later...

I was messing with this about a year ago - I could not get outlook 2003 to connect to exchange under wine however I was able to get it working using crossover instead of wine. I used a win2k bottle and then went into the control panel, mail applet to setup the exchange account.