Undo rm -r *

Eviltechie

Ok, a friend of mine made a damn vulnerable wiki. He told me to "go for it" and to type a shell command in the search box. I put in rm -r *, and it wiped out everything. Now what? I know that there is no undo for rm, but is there a way to recover the data? (I know that it is only marked as free space, not written with zeros)

Ok, a friend of mine made a damn vulnerable wiki. He told me to "go for it" and to type a shell command in the search box. I put in rm -r *, and it wiped out everything. Now what? I know that there is no undo for rm, but is there a way to recover the data? (I know that it is only marked as free space, not written with zeros)

Judging from some of your other posts, this was not your friend that asked you to do this, I’m thinkin that it was your lappy that you did it to and now your p0rn is gone... but i digress... If your "friend" did in fact tell you to "go for it" the data loss is his problem, not yours. You were just doing what you were asked to do. Tell him good luck in finding a solution. If only there was some kind of forum where he could ask this question...