2009 UK meet up?

metatron

June or July?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. June or July, which month to have it on?

• June
    • July

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is still for London.

I think Birmingham would require to much thought as what to do.

I think London would be better, I only suggested maybe somewhere a bit more central for the convenience of people who may live in Scotland etc.

I just say we call it London and end the discussion about location and work out a date. The votes are mainly for London so its London.

Fine by me.

Shall we work through out which month first then when in the month?

Same format as before? Long(ish) weekend style.

My current choice would be June.

Perhaps a wiki would be best for this, wasn't one for previous meet ups?

London's cool by me, and a long weekend like last time sounds good. I think some time during the summer would be good but I'm not too fussed, June might be a bit early for me but I might still be able to make it if it was, July would also be fine.

Fine by me.

Shall we work through out which month first then when in the month?

Same format as before? Long(ish) weekend style.

My current choice would be June.

Perhaps a wiki would be best for this, wasn't one for previous meet ups?

I'm happy enough for any when, I just need a months notice so I can book any needed time off. I'm not sure what people are thinking. Maybe a meet up Friday afternoon for anyone that can make it for drinks and food, than everyone can meet up Friday night and then use that for a few drinks and gel a bit, that way it makes the rest of the time a bit better. Do stuff Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, with things ending Sunday afternoon/evening so everyone can get back for work or whatever for the Monday.

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Meetup/London_2009

June might be a bit early for me but I might still be able to make it if it was, July would also be fine.

The only reason why I thought about suggesting June was that it should have good enough weather (knowing the UK that's when our heat wave will be probably!), plus it should be cheaper than July or August.

But for the record I'm happy whenever!

The only reason why I thought about suggesting June was that it should have good enough weather (knowing the UK that's when our heat wave will be probably!), plus it should be cheaper than July or August.

But for the record I'm happy whenever!

I think the first Friday of whatever month would be cool, that way we can go to The Nell of Old Drury in Covent Garden if people are up for it and have a few beer with the 12+ people that turn up for 2600 and the HVR people which have some interesting projects in the pipe line and are a nice bunch of guys.

I was thinking about that, I've still only managed to go a couple of times in the last year, first Friday of the month for me always seems to be busy when it comes around.

Definitely worth putting on the list.

There is always DC4420, but they meet on a Thursdays nomally, but still haven't got to that at all, and then theirs OWASP which also meet on Thursdays. Still haven't gotten to that either.

I was thinking about that, I've still only managed to go a couple of times in the last year, first Friday of the month for me always seems to be busy when it comes around.

Definitely worth putting on the list.

There is always DC4420, but they meet on a Thursdays nomally, but still haven't got to that at all, and then theirs OWASP which also meet on Thursdays. Still haven't gotten to that either.

I've been to a DC4420 and James has tried to get me to a few more but time is always an issue as I work on Fridays like most people and a trip to London on a Thursday is a pain in the ass most the time. I guess people would need to take more time off if we went to a DC4420 which can be a little hit a miss, a longish weekend like moonlit said is easy enough to do. I don't mind just putting ideas out there.

As long as I'm around I'm up for it again.

I'll throw a vote in for Sheffield as there are at least 3 of us on the forums from here but I know London is probably a better choice overall.

As long as I'm around I'm up for it again.

I'll throw a vote in for Sheffield as there are at least 3 of us on the forums from here but I know London is probably a better choice overall.

I'm bringing my kit in on my back this time. BA are not robbing me again, lol

Seeing as June was mentioned and the first weekend of a month, how about the 5-7 June? For my area half term finished the week before so there won't be kids everywhere and the weather will hopefully be good.

Pop me down for it :)

Im south west, so anywhere is freaking miles for me :P

normally when i hit london, i stay at St Christophers inn.. the one with the belushis bar next to it.. its an awesome hostel, and pretty cheap aswell.

I was loving the idea of camping, cos.. well thats my thing :)

Seeing as June was mentioned and the first weekend of a month, how about the 5-7 June? For my area half term finished the week before so there won't be kids everywhere and the weather will hopefully be good.

I'm happy with any date. Also looks like the Hacker Space idea is coming along as they are doing there first event this Thursday, so they may have something else by then to look at.

Pop me down for it :)

Im south west, so anywhere is freaking miles for me :P

normally when i hit london, i stay at St Christophers inn.. the one with the belushis bar next to it.. its an awesome hostel, and pretty cheap aswell.

I was loving the idea of camping, cos.. well thats my thing :)

They don't seem to have free wifi and by the looks of what they put on, such as pub crawls its only really good if you want to get blind drunk. Drinking is part of any meet up but its not a big part, just something you do while your talking shit or hacking away at something.

From the first one, drinking involved skittles and the wifi was intermittent, got better then we lost it again when the police turned up.

(This is a very "in" comment, if you weren't there, go fry some rice!)

From the first one, drinking involved skittles and the wifi was intermittent, got better then we lost it again when the police turned up.

(This is a very "in" comment, if you weren't there, go fry some rice!)

lol. In Berlin drinking involved huge amounts of Club Mate and me showing someone how to piss people off using Linux/wifi. Drinking with tech people is not the same as drinking with the normals.

lol. In Berlin drinking involved huge amounts of Club Mate and me showing someone how to piss people off using Linux/wifi. Drinking with tech people is not the same as drinking with the normals.

Dammit metatron, I was trying to loose my club mate addiction. I'm going to have to order some now for the meet up, it wouldn't be the same without it.

I still drink clube mate stingwray, it´s all metatrons fault:P

But what about july? The first friday, the 3rd or sth like that? June is a little bit early...

Or otherwise we should create a poll so that people can vote for which month...

lol, yeah its always me. Anyway I added a poll.

Well 5 to 2 as of now. How long do people want to leave it?. We could call it June 5th to the 7th, so we have the Friday to relax, gel, maybe hit up 2600 and see how far a London based hacker space has come along, or whatever the group decides and then have all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon for whatever.

Once something a little solid such as a date is decided we can see who can make it. Then pick a venue based on size of the group and start getting deposits to confirm who is going.