2009 UK meet up?

metatron

June or July?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. June or July, which month to have it on?

• June
    • July

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poll system can't add up, 7 votes for June, 7 for July, total 12.

I never saw this until you mentioned it, and I thought my math was bad :D

Anyway, you feel like doing a Fon master class when we all meet up in July?? I for one would love to pick your brains and make sure I get it all right the first time.

I'd get a FON to hack around with, but they need to be a little bit cheaper for me to put the money down for one. £30 is still a little too much I think, still prefer the WRT54GL for the flexibility.

Mini-ITX Atom board for £50, now thats a bargain.

I'd get a FON to hack around with, but they need to be a little bit cheaper for me to put the money down for one. £30 is still a little too much I think, still prefer the WRT54GL for the flexibility.

Mini-ITX Atom board for £50, now thats a bargain.

I just don't like companies that go that far out there way to lock down their hardware. Plus from a hardware design standpoint they really did a piss poor job, although the developer one they put out with the USB port had some interesting things you could get it to do.

I like the routerboard stuff if your into a build it yourself, but I tend to buy stuff from Ubiquiti Networks as they make the best AP on the market that are super moddable and are fairly priced.

Yeah I saw that, but isn't it only valid in the US store and don't you have to order from your local store to get the shipping, or is it worldwide now?

No idea, haven't had to buy one so I've never looked.

I just don't like companies that go that far out there way to lock down their hardware. Plus from a hardware design standpoint they really did a piss poor job, although the developer one they put out with the USB port had some interesting things you could get it to do.

I like the routerboard stuff if your into a build it yourself, but I tend to buy stuff from Ubiquiti Networks as they make the best AP on the market that are super moddable and are fairly priced.

The routerboard, soekris and pc engines stuff is all very very nice, but they also have the price tag to match most of the time. So I try to get more general hardware which will work in multiple projects to save money and space.

As for locked down hardware, that always sucks, still don't really understand why some vendors do it, I can justify Apple's stance with the touch and phone at a stretch, but something like the Fon has no need to be locked and would probably sell better if it wasn't

Anyone got any RFID stuff they can bring for me to play with? It is a technology I'd like to explore but have nothing around me that uses RFID so can't really justify getting the kit just so I can read and write the dummy chips that come with the package.

Anyone got any RFID stuff they can bring for me to play with? It is a technology I'd like to explore but have nothing around me that uses RFID so can't really justify getting the kit just so I can read and write the dummy chips that come with the package.

Just got shot of mine to a friend, including a ID printer and other random ID creation products and chemicals.

Just thining my shit down, tech wise I only own a Mac Book Pro, iMac and D90. I'm out the game and washing my hands of it.

I've got a reader/writer I can bring.