urgent,, How interconnect Two Lans?

FroZen_FlaMe

To Shonen

the teaching is really bad unfortunately you will have do do a fair amount of reading while balancing work handed to you in class. It also helps if you can pool together with fellow class mates for an info exchange. The only problem with this method is somethings are best explained by a knowledgeable teacher because a book wont answer all your questions. By doing this you do also tend to get confused about shit a little more than one would like.

ur right slef teaching is what i do usallay but as u said sometimes u need to know how to do a specific thing and u can't find it in the book and most of books are talking about concepts not how to do a particular thing. also i'm so bad in the theoritical part , i'm much more better on parctical stuff. and for that reason i asked u here to help at least i can do the work by my self following ur steps so after that i can improve my self at networking and the idea will stick in my mind. and about studying in a group of students , actually it is a good idea to that but someof them just prefer to kiss asses and pass the exam (sure the instructors asses).that's y i'm trying my best just to learn something new from u and that would help to do my project . i'm just asking for help to do someting not asking u just to do that thing:).

To decepticon_eazy_e

it's okay dude, thanx anyway for ur try to help :)

to h5%3kr3w

thanx for ur method it's intresting to know :D

i actually found this website that u can use to calculate what u already did .

www.subnet-calculator.com

hope u find it helpfull :)

oh, thank you for the link! I appreciate it, but I only use those to verify what I have already calculated. It's best you do it as often as you can (sounds silly I know but..) if you want to pass any networking cert, you have to subnet WITHOUT a calc, and as such, you need to be as sharp as a tack on it, cause it would be horrible to get in there and you forget something benign such as starting the count at 0 instead of 1. There are actually many many subnet calculators out there, and actually that becomes the best practice, especially if you just arent getting it for the particular problem, you can do it on the calc, then try to figure out how the calc got to the answer, and you can figure out the solution to your own problem persay. This is actually how I did so well in college algebra, I am a HORRIBLE mathmatician.

And I'll tell you what Frozen Flame, be on here tonight around 10:00, as soon as I get home, I will p.m. you something you will find xtremely valuable.

And BTW, if you need any advice, or help on anything with your networking, dont hesitate to drop me a line, I am always willing to help networking folks in need (with what I know, which is both alot and waaaayyy not enough at the same time....)

Yeah you are right about that, sub netting is something you have to do regularly.

I personally don't use the sub net calculators at all, sure they are handy but in a test environment they are a no go. The only thing I will use is my scientific calculator due to lazzy-ness and not wanting to screw up an exam from a miss calculation on my part.

If you can memories the sub netting table I posted in the link you can quickly write it up and have a lot of information right in front of you for when doing exams and its good to double check somethings against.

hows this I got into class today and 2 of the guys recently dropped out after 8 months in, when I inquired as to why I was told they are sick of the shit teaching and the bullshit subjects we have to do (Project management, ethics etc). I can't exactly blame em I am starting to become overly feed up myself however I will stick the shit out. Fuck its really disappointing though, I could have learned more posting in forums and reading cisco and MCSE shit.

just hang in there man, the degree (while not worth too much more) still puts you ahead.

The people in the networking program at my college are going through the same b.s. as you (but I think it's worse...) we call the teach. frontbutt.

Yeah your right and on the upside this shit will take a year of my university Bachelor. Only thing is when I last had a quick look at course's I didn't notice anything that was purely networking related.

I personally wanna avoid the physic's and math shit involved with comp science and have no real patients for the programing side of things with information systems.

Yeah your right and on the upside this shit will take a year of my university Bachelor. Only thing is when I last had a quick look at course's I didn't notice anything that was purely networking related.

I personally wanna avoid the physic's and math shit involved with comp science and have no real patients for the programing side of things with information systems.

Hell no! me either, I despise programming (and that was what I was going to do origionally.. I was kinda a wiz kid back in the 80's. At 5 years old I was programming [well copying] basic out of a commodore 64, and my syntax was good!) but time went by, I was not exposed to computers at all between the ages of about 6 or 7 to 14. In those 7 years it all blew past me. I went to college origionally back in 2000 to be a programmer and fell off it into multiple different paths in my life, but I still tinkered! and in all though I just lost the techno-lust to program. I guess I got a little set in my ways, and for the life of me (is this just me?!) but I have no clue how the fuck people people think things like C++ and stuff like classes are easy to grasp. Maybe I just missed it somewhere. It died in my. After I dropped out of college I got pretty heavy into making computer created art, but then thats common b.s. now as well so it's like I guess I just still feel that urge to shine on something where most people do not. I can still program some simple basic, but I have totally lost my edge for it. I do however like to learn a little xhtml here and there. Took a class on it last semester, but I have forgot most of that too... These days networking is my passion I guess you could say. It's just different. Also I have always been the person that knew what others did'nt, and now damn near anybody knows about different things about computers, and you dont get near as much trouble with them as you used to so I am not so much the go-to guy anymore, but Networking is something very few common folk know about (and the job is pretty damn sweet once the network is up and running properly) so yah, I kinda fell off but then hopped back on.....

DAMN WHAT A PARAGRAPH!

Aww I missed out on the glory days of the Commodore 64, I remember having a game or so at a friends house when I was young. I also remember that weird Amistrad thing that ran on cassette tapes and the Amiga 500. My first comp was a shitty intel MMX with stuff all ram/hdd space and a craptastic 36.6k dial up modem *YEAH BABY*

Well I could see how writing your own app's would be kind of cool but the amount of time required to be able to grasp a lot of it would seriously do my head in. Hell I have enough trouble coming to grips with VBS scripting (I get about as far as echo). =P I use to be right into Java and html when I was 14, I only got into it because I came across this haXor messing with the old beseen html driven chat pages changing font type/size and inserting on mouse over functions into the url part of his handle among other things. But its been so long since I have messed around with that shit that I cant remember any of it.

Damn dude h3%5r3w you have got a fair amount of shit under your belt. I was thinking about doing multimedia early on but it seems every tom dick and harry can do it now days and as far as job's go you hit the nail right on the head. I have to agree on networking not being very common (especially when you get into the nitty gritty) and for the most part its interesting and enables you to do some pretty cool stuff at home.

well, back then it was all new and cool (and getting hacked software was a tough thing to get). I have used bryce3d a lot in the past, and at one time I even had maya, but that program is so hard to figure out I was never able to make anything else but a blob! I guess for a long time I was just in the right place at the right time. I wished I was exposed to programming more when it started going into modules and stuff, then I would have probably grasped it alot better. I can do a few things in VB. I dont know anything really about VBScript, except how to edit it to my needs :P (thats all you really need for the most part anyways). HTML is just a good thing to know and is easy to code, just a pain in the ass to implement or debug. Hell I went through C and advanced C++ in college but never really knew what I was doing.. or at least I dont think I did (been about 7 years ago).

As long as you can get an itch to find out how with something, and you can find the right resource for it to make sense for you, that's all you need in anything to get learning on something. That's what happened to me, just unfortunately for me, I was never able to get advanced in anything. It's funny though, I always hear these stories about how there are a lot of network administrators out there that does not know jack about subnetting. Hopefully they will still be out there when I get out in a year (so I can get a job easier!)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah awesome I am glad to hear it all worked out for ya. Out of curiosity what was your mark (thats if you have been told it yet).

Don't worry you will return the favor, us networking students have to stick together. XD

:D

thanx again

well i got an A i don't how did i get it but i got it :D

it seems studying for exams and quizes was good

but still i don't really want the grad i want to learn i feel like i just passed but didn't learn much from the course

:(

actually , you guys deserve this A :)

however, i will try to help you in math, programming and a little in physics :D

take care