PandoraSaver

ZigZagJoe

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, turbo or not the mp4 bitrate is the same, showing 64 kbps here? And I assume re-encoding to a higher bitrate mp3 (160 rec max) will not improve audio quality only increase the file size?

Anyway, watching the prog in action is a pleasure, since it is always way ahead of me.

So, turbo or not the mp4 bitrate is the same, showing 64 kbps here? And I assume re-encoding to a higher bitrate mp3 (160 rec max) will not improve audio quality only increase the file size?

Anyway, watching the prog in action is a pleasure, since it is always way ahead of me.

Correct. Re-encoding will just increase the file size, and not increase the sound quality (in fact it is possible to lower it due to transcoding).

Turbo mode just tricks pandora into playing more music (because the files it gets are only 5 seconds long). So, you get a new file every 5 seconds, internet connection permitting.

Finished implementing the tray icon for SProxy, implemented a drop-down to control tagging mode (always, once, or never), and am finishing off improved blacklisting (supports forming a blacklist from directories).

Wanted to say thanks and that I am loving pandora saver especially since work disabled streaming.

I also previously used the standalone bundled with firefox portable with no problems and would love to see it come back.

I upgraded to the new version and a couple of things I noticed.

Pandora Saver reports as 1.006b in simpleproxy and this is the download from today which you have labeled as 1.006c so I don't know if somehow it is still pulling my old version. I do notice I have new options such as the ability to customize the lame path which I didn't in the standalone with FF portable.

The other thing which is causing a problem for me which I can't figure out or if this is how it is supposed to work. Since installing the Sproxy version I can only connect to the internet on IE with Sproxy open which I was only running with Pandora. It took me a bit to figure this out because I came home and Itunes couldn't connect since it uses IE's settings. Is there anyway to get around this that I am missing? I really don't want to have to load Sproxy 24/7 if I don't have to.

One feature request would be the ability to rate songs after the fact. This isn't an option unless you only download songs with a thumbs up which would be fine but since I am timeshifting it doesn't help since I don't have the ability to rate when I get home. I don't know if this is a Pandora limitation or not.

Thanks again and love the program.

this is outdated! see http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13598

Wanted to say thanks and that I am loving pandora saver especially since work disabled streaming.

I also previously used the standalone bundled with firefox portable with no problems and would love to see it come back.

I upgraded to the new version and a couple of things I noticed.

Pandora Saver reports as 1.006b in simpleproxy and this is the download from today which you have labeled as 1.006c so I don't know if somehow it is still pulling my old version. I do notice I have new options such as the ability to customize the lame path which I didn't in the standalone with FF portable.

The other thing which is causing a problem for me which I can't figure out or if this is how it is supposed to work. Since installing the Sproxy version I can only connect to the internet on IE with Sproxy open which I was only running with Pandora. It took me a bit to figure this out because I came home and Itunes couldn't connect since it uses IE's settings. Is there anyway to get around this that I am missing? I really don't want to have to load Sproxy 24/7 if I don't have to.

One feature request would be the ability to rate songs after the fact. This isn't an option unless you only download songs with a thumbs up which would be fine but since I am timeshifting it doesn't help since I don't have the ability to rate when I get home. I don't know if this is a Pandora limitation or not.

Thanks again and love the program.

Glad you like it :)

Actually, I just noticed the wrong version in the dialog myself. Fixed it now. (it was hardcoded, now it will use the global var)

Can't rate songs after the fact; would have to spoof fields on the request and I don't know what half the ones are.

The problem is that flash evidently reads IE's settings (like other programs do, as you found out) to determine how to route requests. If it doesn't set these settings, flash will circumvent SProxy and pandorasaver altogether. I'm trying to find a better way to handle it. I have not been able to establish if it respects the parent browsers' settings or not - but it definitely does do IE's. It should set it back when it closes, however.... Lemme check if that is working right. To fix it, go into Tools -> Internet options -> connections -> LAN settings and uncheck use a proxy server. (edit - yup, sure enough, i had mangled the bit for proxy enabling)

new version : zzj.itf-inc.com/SPPS1.000d1.007a.zip (THIS IS OUTDATED!!!)

SProxy is now 1.000d

PandoraSaver now 1.007a

(i really need to make a small webpage, having to update links is a pain~)

notes-

Now supports blacklisting directories - see the file Blacklist.txt and Sample.blacklist.txt for info. Enabled in options

- Displays a progress indicator when many files are being loaded.

SProxy now can minimize to tray. See SProxy options.

Some small fixed and such in SProxy, in interest of speed.

Option to disable tagging altogether.

Pandorasaver at 3644 lines of code, SProxy at 2687.

Sometime (maybe later tonight) I'll setup a standalone firefox + add a provision to automatically launch it (or other browser) when sproxy is started.

Can't rate songs after the fact; would have to spoof fields on the request and I don't know what half the ones are.

It should set it back when it closes, however.... Lemme check if that is working right. To fix it, go into Tools -> Internet options -> connections -> LAN settings and uncheck use a proxy server. (edit - yup, sure enough, i had mangled the bit for proxy enabling)

Sometime (maybe later tonight) I'll setup a standalone firefox + add a provision to automatically launch it (or other browser) when sproxy is started.

Cool I had a feeling that was how it worked. No worries. I just need to make sure I sit by my computer a little more when I run it at night for the next day.

Thanks I just stumbled across that. The new version releases this now once I restart IE and view it. IE does seem to keep hanging for me though when I go to close IE a second time. This is probably more my computer since I keep holding off building a new PC. I rarely if ever use IE so it could always just be IE.

This would be cool.

Thanks again for all your work.

reminder plea: you were going to implement option to add album to file name along with track and artist, your time allowing.

Already in the newest version. Check the options - "file name style".

Also, the bug with files getting corrupted has been fixed. was a bit of holdover code that i forgot to update (it assumed that if the encoder had run, it must have generated a mp3 file. thus it was putting mp3 tags on an aac file.)

Hi,

i listen to Pandora form Austria, works absolutely fine (with FF, Foxyproxy, Tor).

But is there a chance to grab mp3s with SimpleProy/Pandora Saver? I tried several times and ways, no chance. And i read this thread carefully... :)

It's not possible to activate the port which is configured in FoxyProxy (in "Chain with another proxy"), cause windows tells me that i can just configure one sock at one time.

Important: Pandora's Jar is fully working, but im tired to switch several times a week to Flash 10 (if some contents requests for)... as u know this means restart of FF - and i have always more than 20 tabs running.

Many thanks for ideas!

Best regards!

But is there a chance to grab mp3s with SimpleProy/Pandora Saver?

Yep

Im ripping with this very nice tools while using TOR

Deactivate the Tor settings in foxy proxy and set it to use SProxy like ZigZagJoe described

Make sure that foxyproxy uses SProxy scheme to load pandora.com

Start vidalia

Start SProxy, enable Pandora Saver, press config, enable low bandwith and "chain proxy"

Set it to Socks 4a, 127.0.0.1 on port 9050

now it should do the trick

Problem:

Usually i only load the *.js stuff that does the country check via TOR

now i have to load everything which slows it down horribly

is there any way to prevent the audiostream from being loaded by tor so it just passes SProxy ?

I need to figure out exactly what the apparent problem is and will repost later. Running 1.007a on a Vista laptop, IE. I think Turbo does not function except in miniplayer. I remember unresolved url notices in the running log, I thought, but don't see it below. 1.006 turbo runs fine. (1.007 turbo works fine on an XP machine with Firefox.)

log.txt:

2/27/2009 9:53:29 AM DNS: zzj.itf-inc.com -> 208.113.184.225

2/27/2009 9:53:30 AM Searching for plugins in startup directory

2/27/2009 9:53:30 AM Found: PandoraSaver.dll

2/27/2009 9:53:30 AM Loaded plugin: PandoraSaver 1.007a (PandoraSaver.dll, class: Saver)

2/27/2009 9:53:30 AM SProxy starting

2/27/2009 9:53:30 AM Listening for requests on port 8888

2/27/2009 9:54:47 AM GET http://images-sjl-3.pandora.com/images/pub...pg?lid=25955353

2/27/2009 9:54:47 AM DNS: images-sjl-3.pandora.com -> 208.85.41.23

2/27/2009 9:54:47 AM GET http://www.pandora.com/xml/music/artist/al...r=1235757287415

2/27/2009 9:54:47 AM DNS: www.pandora.com -> 208.85.40.20

2/27/2009 9:54:48 AM GET http://images-sjl-3.pandora.com/images/pub...p13548x7qtm.JPG

2/27/2009 9:54:52 AM GET http://audio-sjl-a-1.pandora.com/access/?v...BqSg8c6gA%3D%3D

2/27/2009 9:54:52 AM DNS: audio-sjl-a-1.pandora.com -> 208.85.41.17

2/27/2009 9:55:06 AM GET http://images-sjl-3.pandora.com/images/pub...pg?lid=25955353

2/27/2009 9:55:06 AM GET http://www.pandora.com/xml/music/artist/ly...r=1235757306729

2/27/2009 9:55:07 AM GET http://images-sjl-2.pandora.com/images/pub...p08196yj5h9.JPG

2/27/2009 9:55:07 AM DNS: images-sjl-2.pandora.com -> 208.85.40.14

2/27/2009 9:59:23 AM GET http://www.pandora.com/radio/TUNER_INFO/v1...6&arg5=true

2/27/2009 9:59:23 AM GET http://audio-sjl-a-1.pandora.com/access/?v...UsNnIKSLg%3D%3D

2/27/2009 9:59:38 AM GET http://images-sjl-4.pandora.com/images/pub...pg?lid=25955353

2/27/2009 9:59:38 AM DNS: images-sjl-4.pandora.com -> 208.85.41.24

2/27/2009 9:59:38 AM GET http://www.pandora.com/xml/music/artist/go...r=1235757578170

2/27/2009 9:59:39 AM GET http://images-sjl-4.pandora.com/images/pub...8_200W_197H.jpg

2/27/2009 10:01:14 AM GET /

2/27/2009 10:01:15 AM GET /proxyicon.gif

2/27/2009 10:01:22 AM GET /config

2/27/2009 10:01:22 AM GET /proxyicon.gif

2/27/2009 10:01:53 AM GET /log

2/27/2009 10:01:54 AM GET /proxyicon.gif

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM Beginning stop: 'Program shutting down'

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM SProxy stopping: ran for 00:09:37.3820000

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM 18 requests serviced, 0 pending.

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM 13.27 kb sent, 6.69 mb received

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM SProxy stopped

2/27/2009 10:03:07 AM Stopped in: 36 ms

Now that you implemented configurable 'file name style' (thank you very much), any recommendations on setting 'duplicate name tolerance' so that files saved under '%artist% - %title%' will not be saved under '%artist% - %album% - %title%', that is, so if artist and title are the same file will not be saved, regardless of album or even better, if no album is indicated?

Problem: in the SProx dialog (pull-down-menue, after cklicking "chain with another proxy") there's no option "TOR", just HTTP and 3 times SOCKS. I'm using version 1.000d of 21st feb.

Greetings

Tor uses Socks4a (it also supports 4 and 5). Use 127.0.0.1 port 9050 as the proxy address.

No, in short, there is no way to capture MP3s without a major code rework (moreover, this MP3s are lower quality). You can enable Mp3 conversion in settings if you want mp3 files out, however, it takes about 40 seconds or so to convert an aac file to mp3 (on a ripped machine), so turbo mode can't be used. But, as you are using Tor, I suppose that is not a great concern.

@brofix

There is no easy way to set duplicate name tolerance so that you can match two names following different formats. (one has much more content). You could try using the blacklist to set the download dir as blacklisted, lowering the match tolerance to 80%, and enabling strict duplicate matching. (MAKE SURE DELETE BLACKLIST FILES ARE NOT ON). This will have it generate blacklist patterns from the download pattern, and match them with more tolerance for changes, but only strictly compare when it checks for duplicates in the same folder ( that is, pattern.mp4, name.mp3, and name.wma). But, i'm not too sure if that would work so hot. You could use a program to generate a list of the existing files in the same scheme (and or rename them), but otherwise it's a bit dicy.

A file with no album indicated gets rejected for missing data; moreover, i've never had that happen.

Also, do you have an excerpt of Pandorasaver's log during the same? the sproxy log shows nothing wrong other than Pandora is requesting files at a normal pace.

@Apo I'm not sure what you mean - "is there any way to prevent the audiostream from being loaded by tor so it just passes SProxy ?"

Do you mean, have the audio stream not be loaded by tor? Wouldn't Pandora not allow that for an invalid IP? (if it doesn't, okay, great; I was planning on setting up a way to have URLs that did not use the chain proxy)

Random development note: Working on a little window to show the last sniffed song and song details (mostly meant to be a listening accessory)

brofix: I need to figure out exactly what the apparent problem is and will repost later. Running 1.007a on a Vista laptop, IE. I think Turbo does not function except in miniplayer. I remember unresolved url notices in the running log, I thought, but don't see it below. 1.006 turbo runs fine. (1.007 turbo works fine on an XP machine with Firefox.)

ZZJ: Also, do you have an excerpt of Pandorasaver's log during the same? the sproxy log shows nothing wrong other than Pandora is requesting files at a normal pace.

I will try to get it together. All IE on the Vista machine: Tried both 1.006 and 1.007 again, turbo and not, miniplayer and not, and the results seemed inconsistent. Usually Vista would declare simpleproxy failed after some time (if I got it going and saving, which was not always), leaving behind a bunch of temp.dat files. These are unnamed mp4s?

It appears the PandoraSaver's log is not durable across sessions?

Interestingly, memory and cpu usage seems much less demanding in Vista, though I do have twice as much ram in that machine.

I will try to get it together. All IE on the Vista machine: Tried both 1.006 and 1.007 again, turbo and not, miniplayer and not, and the results seemed inconsistent. Usually Vista would declare simpleproxy failed after some time (if I got it going and saving, which was not always), leaving behind a bunch of temp.dat files.

Interestingly, memory and cpu usage seems much less demanding in Vista, though I do have twice as much ram in that machine.

Can you follow the instructions at this url and see what those errors were (post them here)? they will be listed under application failures.

turbo functions regardless of browser/miniplayer.

Reload every 30 mins not preventing Pandora 'Are you?' stoppage. XP, firefox, full player, turbo.

Check for a line similar to "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3600">" in the source. it may be 3600, 1800, or some other value depending on interval. Also, when you load pandora, it should say auto-mangling page .... in Pandorasaver's log.

Random development note: Working on a little window to show the last sniffed song and song details (mostly meant to be a listening accessory)

disabling the taskbar item for the pandorahelper would be a good idea. now i use bosskey addon for the firefox portable, so everythin goes to the tray and the task bar remains clean. i dont use pandorahelper, but if that too doesn leave any taskbar item that would be perfect.

about the turbo mode, couldnt you just save all the mp4s and run the decode-encode routine as a batch later on? as in, just save the tagged mp4s along with the directory info in a txt file or something and then we could write a .bat file which can take this txt as input and batch convert those mp4s :) just a suggestion.

thanks again for this awesome work!

disabling the taskbar item for the pandorahelper would be a good idea. now i use bosskey addon for the firefox portable, so everythin goes to the tray and the task bar remains clean. i dont use pandorahelper, but if that too doesn leave any taskbar item that would be perfect.

about the turbo mode, couldnt you just save all the mp4s and run the decode-encode routine as a batch later on? as in, just save the tagged mp4s along with the directory info in a txt file or something and then we could write a .bat file which can take this txt as input and batch convert those mp4s :) just a suggestion.

thanks again for this awesome work!

Yeah, writing a separate job-handler is on the to-do list - I didn't really like the encoding being done in the middle of handling, where problems could occur. It didn't allow for sane multi-core use as well (that is, run a separate job on each core). Can't be a batch file except if hard coded though, because trying to do string processing in bash is hard enough, with the windows interpreter it's an exercise in futility.

Changed pandora helper to not show in tray yesterday actually, but it's going to be a day or so until i get around to releasing the new version, with the fader and some other changes. Possibly the delayed encode stuff.

Blacklist functionality will be present but hidden, to allow circumvention of Tor for audio downloads and such (Pandora evidently does not check the IPs downloading audio). It will not be exposed in the config, however, as i was not able to come up with a sane way to allow for variable statements and allowing user-editing. I had wanted to essentially perform the function of the browserPAC and include only pandora control URLs, sending other urls normally and making browser setup even simpler. But, I would essentially have to write a complete engine to handle parsing them or use another engine like javascript or vbscript (though, that does have potential.). Maybe in the future.

The fader is another helper window which can display when a song is sniffed (played by pandora) and/or when a song is ripped. Displays album art and the basic song info like pandora does. Named it the fader because it smoothly fades from opacity to mostly transparent when not focused (or with the mouse over it), and fades smoothly back in when it is focused or a new song plays. It looks rather nice, I think.

Bug fixes and other improvements go without saying.

@Apo I'm not sure what you mean - "is there any way to prevent the audiostream from being loaded by tor so it just passes SProxy ?"

Do you mean, have the audio stream not be loaded by tor? Wouldn't Pandora not allow that for an invalid IP? (if it doesn't, okay, great; I was planning on setting up a way to have URLs that did not use the chain proxy)

What i do if i dont rip, just listen:

I have a whitelist in foxyproxy for *.pandora.com*

Then i have blacklisted:

*.swf*

*image*

*audio*

The result is that any blacklisted items are transfered directly and just the ones which are on the whitelist and not on blacklist will be transfered via TOR network

So after an hour of listening i only load 2 megabytes on TOR

works great, and it would be even greater if you find a way to make this work with sproxy :)

Because it seems like TOR causes a lot of problems when ripping, i have a lot of delay and connection problems, but it still works most of the time :)

brofix: Usually Vista would declare simpleproxy failed after some time (if I got it going and saving, which was not always), leaving behind a bunch of temp.dat files. These are unnamed mp4s? It appears the PandoraSaver's log is not durable across sessions?

ZZJ: Can you follow the instructions at this url and see what those errors were (post them here)? they will be listed under application failures.

The Vista event viewer is a bit of a giant hairball. I'm happy to look around in it if you can direct me more specifically. Confirmed here (Vista): Turbo only working with the miniplayer.

Vista Windows event viewer>windows logs>application>info

(Let me know when and I'll delete these unsightly logs.)

Log Name: Application

Source: Windows Error Reporting

Date: 2/27/2009 2:34:28 PM