Your Workplace/College class/Highschool class server rig (pix)

h3%5kr3w

Theres already a post your rig thread I believe >_> unless it died.

lol but it aint his rig it belongs to his educational institution. XD

Ill be posting mine as soon as I get back to class Monday. Thought this was a pretty interesting topic. I'm in CCNA2 and Win2kServer so i'm gonna have alot of router/switch/server pix (and two racks)

Nice! I am yet to have a good fiddle with the cisco gear as of yet and even then it will be some virtual environment crap like packet tracer. Don't get me wrong its a good tool and all but virtual stuff just doesn't flick my switch.

A few months ago myself and 5 other students turned our crappy mid 90's hardware lab room into a fully functional network with new work stations, Routers switches, wireless and a servers. twaz bloody awesome and I got to have my first real go at cisco equipment but I had to work out how to reset the password (damn IT department hand me downs). But yeah that level on hands on stuff was great and i learned more in that week than the 1st year of my course.

Our Teacher decided to setup a small LAN so students can do stuff outside of our usually norm of a virtual environment (he hates the idea of Virtual too). God we need more teachers like this dude.

Hey when you finish your course are you cisco certified or is yours kind of like mine where you learn some MCSE Cisco and CEH stuff but don't obtain the official certification?

not gonna lie, cisco equiptment are like learning a pre 80's IBM system (almost every command/menu/etc is proprietary)

and I THOUGHT I was getting my cert w/my education, but since I have started I found out that is totally fail. I think the best thing I can get is a voucher if I jump through a bunch of hoops or I can get some type of small discount on the cert but that's it. On the upper hand though you have two options of how to take the ccna cert test (I get NO funding help whatsoever on the mcse [that is if I do want to take it..].) You can do the ccna cert test in two parts or one. The two part test you do one after ccna 2 and then the 2nd one after ccna 4 class @ $150 a peice or you can just take the one standard ccna cert test @ I think $280.

oh, BTW

Our Teacher decided to setup a small LAN so students can do stuff outside of our usually norm of a virtual environment (he hates the idea of Virtual too). God we need more teachers like this dude.

I REAALLLYYY wish our teacher was like that. He is with our cisco classes but the total opposite with our win2k3 server classes (though i really see his point in why)

not gonna lie, cisco equiptment are like learning a pre 80's IBM system (almost every command/menu/etc is proprietary)

and I THOUGHT I was getting my cert w/my education, but since I have started I found out that is totally fail. I think the best thing I can get is a voucher if I jump through a bunch of hoops or I can get some type of small discount on the cert but that's it. On the upper hand though you have two options of how to take the ccna cert test (I get NO funding help whatsoever on the mcse [that is if I do want to take it..].) You can do the ccna cert test in two parts or one. The two part test you do one after ccna 2 and then the 2nd one after ccna 4 class @ $150 a peice or you can just take the one standard ccna cert test @ I think $280

LMFAO You are spot on with your pre 90's IBM analogy. As much as I appreciate the power of a CLI I am constantly forgetting commands and a have a very extensive quick reference cheat sheet and that's just for the nix stuff. Meh its gonna be fun doing it all over again for cisco commands. Thankfully you can load a GUI into most of there equipment now days W00T.

Damn don't ya just hate when you get confused or the school miss advertise course's. I originally thought mine was just cert 4 (was planning to do cert 4 at one place and then go to a Tafe closer) to my area. Turns out it is a accelerated course and covers cert 4, dip in networking and advanced dip in network security. So yeah if I change I get no credit for anything.

Yeah a dude in my class passed his CCNA last year, smart ass got 98% he decided to do it all in the one go due to cost. Still its a lil risky and you wouldn't wanna fail. I think that same guy is up to the 2nd part of CCNP.

Sucks that you don't get a discount on the MCSE all that stuff gets expensive, on the upside you will be slightly ahead of the game with both MCSE and CCNA. I know a few people who just read books with no proper teaching and failed.

Out latest addition to work was a $400,000 Google Earth server of our own.

When I read that I was totally like =0 Dude you so have to post pictures, I demand eye candy!

I want to apologize for the the last two days, I had yesterday and the day before off from work and I was drinking way too much and I was awake for too many hours, I was trying to see how many questions that I could answer, and I wasn't making much sense, I cut back on drinking and I feel that I have a lot to offer you guys

Sincerely, Thank You

I want to apologize for the the last two days, I had yesterday and the day before off from work and I was drinking way too much and I was awake for too many hours, I was trying to see how many questions that I could answer, and I wasn't making much sense, I cut back on drinking and I feel that I have a lot to offer you guys

Sincerely, Thank You

LOLZ~! It's all good man, I have done the exact same thing before. I did'nt find it offensive or anything so don't worry about it. Just make sure you go back and edit the next day (that's what I did :P)

I doubt I will be allowed too either. I work for an enrgy provider and they consider terrorism a real threat so everything we do is more or less hush hush. We do have pretty good sized data centres though in multiple locations.

damn... that sucks not even a quick nonflash cameraphone pic eh? oh well.. ill still post the stuff I work on tomorrow (btw, that does really suck cause I mean if you dont put the monitor in the pic, what's there to really know ya kno?)

hey consider terrorism a real threat

ZOMGZ They are attacking our Technolust! I wont stand for this, send in the attack kittens.

I cut back on drinking

blasphemy I sentence you to skull two bottle's of scotch.... Oi don't give me that look, make like a nike add and JUST DO IT! =P

LOL well my state is always without bloody power *shakes fist* god damn annoying heat wave.

Awww I wanted picture's you sure take the fun out of fundamentalist swathe =P

Speaking of pictures why hasn't the OP delivered? Don't mind me I enjoy taking the piss.

Got to kiss some sys admin arse lol.

Can we get a photo of that one to? =P

In all seriousness cheers for the effort and I assumed you where a sys admin. XD

forgot to take the pix today

IT people the new crowd affect by Alzheimer disease