PC/Laptop OS Backup.

knives

Everyone,

I have a small problem.

I just reformatted my laptop with a windows xp pro in it. Activated the copy of xp over the internet. Installed the drivers etc....

Problem:

Ok my copy is activated but if my laptop crashes again, I need to enter the same windows xp key again to activate it again over the internet, Right?

But the problem is I can only use it 3 times. Correct?

The thing is, I want to copy the whole thing (image) from my fresh formatted laptop so that I can save everything. Most specially the activation and key part. So that i don't need to do the same process again and spoil my windows key for activation.

And is it possible to use the image to other pc/laptop.

TIA

Everyone,

I have a small problem.

I just reformatted my laptop with a windows xp pro in it. Activated the copy of xp over the internet. Installed the drivers etc....

Problem:

Ok my copy is activated but if my laptop crashes again, I need to enter the same windows xp key again to activate it again over the internet, Right?

But the problem is I can only use it 3 times. Correct?

The thing is, I want to copy the whole thing (image) from my fresh formatted laptop so that I can save everything. Most specially the activation and key part. So that i don't need to do the same process again and spoil my windows key for activation.

And is it possible to use the image to other pc/laptop.

TIA

For free options, a Clonezilla Live Disc and external storage is probably what you want. I just copied a machines HDD in about 10 minutes and rebooted off the copy with no problems. It's pretty straight forward to use. There is also DriveXML, but I havn't tried it yet.

you can always get more regs from microsoft after those run out, alot of times its just automated, and sometimes youll get some dipshit support agent who will happily provide you with another reg key.