I want to know

Bourvi

yah, he actually has a point. if you can hold off for awhile, or just give xp or linux a go for now, then wait for 7 because it is WHOLE shnitloads better (or better yet, instead of waiting just download the torrent for it :P it's good till september (is that right?) and dont worry about pirated keys cause there is only like 5 different keys they made for it.

and my bad vako, actually your right but i thought you meant thats what he needs to game right now

Windows 7 (aka Vista R2) is a damn good OS, but for the love of god do a clean install on kit thats north of the minimum spec. What killed Vista was "optimistic" minimum specs and idiots who shoehorned an XP to Ultimate x64 upgrade onto a P4-D with a gig of RAM and wondered why it was shit.

One problem with win7 and gaming, punkbuster is not supported so some games that use that you will not be able to play online. I have not had a problem with steam games. But that is just for the beta, once the final release is out it will be fine.