I want to know

Bourvi

Yeah my friend can give me a computer, all new parts for 900$

Thats the stuff he's gonna give me. If you have anything else you suggest, tell and ill check it out.

In-win Mid Case with 460W Power supply

Asrock P45XE Q.C. 1333Mhz F.S.B. SLI Motherboard

Intel E8400 Core2 Duo 3.0Ghz 6M Cache CPU

WD 320GB Sata2 16M Hard Drive

LG 22x DVD Re-Writer

Sapphire ATI HD 4850 1GB PCIe Video Card

Kingston 3GB DDR2-800 Ram

Microsoft Windows XP ( Just ID Code, Only) C.O.A.

Install & Setup

Total price is $ 900 + Taxes.

Priced out on www.newegg.com comes to $706 (give or take depending on the day) . Thats with a legit copy of XP. That doesn't include shipping, although most items were FREE shipping. So you're paying about $150+ for labor & testing, as long as you get a warranty is not toooo bad.

Couple things... while i've never really heard anything bad about asrock boards I haven't heard anything great either,... also DO NOT use the power supply that comes with the case, most cases that include a supply just throw in a $2 p.o.s. to add value. Do yourself a favor and spend a little extra and get a decent power supply.

my first thoughts was buy the parts and build it yourself as £150 for labour is a bit much as you can throw that system together in less than half an hour

how ever if as stated above if you get a warranty then its just about evens out

I dunno... doesnt sound like a deal to me, pimp this!

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30 - OEM

Item #: N82E16827136153

Return Policy: Limited 30-Day Return Policy

$25.99

RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Retail

Item #: N82E16811156063

$59.99

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Item #: N82E16822136073

$64.99

Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Item #: N82E16813186150

$124.99

EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Item #: N82E16814130435

$124.99

RAIDMAX AURORA 2 RX-600F 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready LED Power Supply - Retail

Item #: N82E16817152031

$64.99

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 - Retail

Item #: N82E16823109149

$19.99

Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail

Item #: N82E16826104178

$39.99

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR10664GK - Retail

Item #: N82E16820227289

$65.99

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor Model HDZ940XCGIBOX - Retail

Item #: N82E16819103471

$229.00

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - OEM

Item #: N82E16832116488

$99.9

Total= $970.22 +tax & shipping

Add about 150 for a 20" monitor if you so wish..

the deal your friend is giving you doesnt even come with half of this (unless you generalized) why dont you just build it yourself? save some money and get your techno-lust on.

bttw, yah, never go with a pw-sup that comes with a case as they are basically just cheap toss-ins they do just to make the price look better these days.

Thx guys for the tips, I actually forgot to tell you that I`m short on money right now but I think that it`s gonna be woth waiting for it and yeah i didn`t check the prices before and it`s a big rip off. My friend who suggested me the guy told me that he was getting his parts from the U.S so that`s maybe why it`s so expensive (with the borders).

So yeah I`m looking for a gamer PC so I was wondering if any of you guys live in Canada (in Ottawa) maybe you could suggest me stores (not Future Shop or Best Buy) to buy my parts because I don`t really want to deal with the U.S and Canadian bordders.

If you have an idea of good parts for me, post them and I`ll check them out

Thanks for your help

Vista will get you DX10 ;).

I'd opt for Intel over AMD, personally. Unless you want to spend the extra on liquid cooling, or another variant.

Or maybe it's just my experience, but my AMD chips always overheat to a degree I'd prefer they didn't.

holy crap Bakb0ne! I thought that was a real fly on my monitor! lolz!~

I'v always used amd and never had one overheat. Dont have to have watercooling, just a decent heatsink. They run hot, thats just how they are.

From what I have understand, people have slapped their monitors due to me.

Maybe it's just me. My last AMD laptop's motherboard burned up.

I just have a grudge.

Well right now I'm really confused because I don't know what company I should get, the only thing I know is that I'm getting a quad-core and right now I'm checking the forums and it's hard to find because people are saying AMD is better for gaming but intel isn't. So it's hard to choose which one to choose

go intel, more bang for the buck, if its for gaming, then get a higher end duel core for the quad cores price, as a quad is almost useless when gaming.

DX10 is also on XP, so if your short on the cash, then XP is still a fine choice for OS, and as VaKo pointed out, your going to want around 6gb+ recommended 8gb.

If its a gaming rig, then you would really want to be looking into the Intel Core i7 series, as thats whats going to give you the better speeds. (yea i know i said dont go quad, but if you have enough for one of these, then they are worth it). Though the biggest throw back is the MoBo's dont come to cheap, and neither does the DDR3 RAM.

6gigs?! FTW?! RU kidding me?

ok.ok. let me ask you this, are you wanting to be the superfly guy on your block who can run crysis at really really nice speeds or do you want something that will play games decently for the next 3 years without having to upgrade?

if you want the best, go get the best but your going to pay out your ass for it and it's not going to really mean jack when the next line of processors come out in.

if you want to game on a budget, 4 gigs is all you need. I'd stick with xp cause dx10 just doesnt look all that 'whoo' to me, but vista runs perfect on my athlon x2 5600+ w/2 gigs of memory and an Nvidia 8600gts, and yah, it runs crysis, not on all high but it works at decent speeds on medium settings, which to me equals that I bought this system a year and a half ago and I still have about 2 to 3 years before I have to do a rebuild. And I did it when the 5600+ was the 3rd to fastest amd you could get.

btw, if your not running MMOs or advanced graphics RTS games that you want to get full hd resolution, then processor speed really doesnt mean that much. If I went and got a Nvidia GTX250 card (or two) right now, and 2 gigs of memory I could run anything ultra fast.

Put your money in your memory and you video card.

well the thing is that i know that i want a ATI HD 4050 1g graphics card so if this can help u to know were im putting my money and i was checvking the 4870x2 until i found out that it was like 500$.

Theres what i`ve got until now:

-500g SATA

-4g memory

-one (or two) ATI HD 4870 graphics card

if you have any ideas of motherboards , cases, disc reader or anything that would be very nice

Still thanks for the help.

6gigs?! FTW?! RU kidding me?

ok.ok. let me ask you this, are you wanting to be the superfly guy on your block who can run crysis at really really nice speeds or do you want something that will play games decently for the next 3 years without having to upgrade?

if you want the best, go get the best but your going to pay out your ass for it and it's not going to really mean jack when the next line of processors come out in.

if you want to game on a budget, 4 gigs is all you need. I'd stick with xp cause dx10 just doesnt look all that 'whoo' to me, but vista runs perfect on my athlon x2 5600+ w/2 gigs of memory and an Nvidia 8600gts, and yah, it runs crysis, not on all high but it works at decent speeds on medium settings, which to me equals that I bought this system a year and a half ago and I still have about 2 to 3 years before I have to do a rebuild. And I did it when the 5600+ was the 3rd to fastest amd you could get.

btw, if your not running MMOs or advanced graphics RTS games that you want to get full hd resolution, then processor speed really doesnt mean that much. If I went and got a Nvidia GTX250 card (or two) right now, and 2 gigs of memory I could run anything ultra fast.

Put your money in your memory and you video card.

I've got a 2 decade history with computers, and the one thing that I've noticed is that lots of RAM is good. If your a person who can afford to keep buying new processors when they come out, then do so, it will be faster. But if your a normal person who gets a mid-ranged computer every 2 years or so, maxing out the memory will be a good plan. Its something you can do in stages, its a fairly instant upgrade and you can never have too much memory, especially if like most geeks you have lots of stuff going on at once. Its cheaper than a platform upgrade as well, as you can just buy it in bits, and RAM is dirt cheap anyway.

If you want some places to get parts in Canada:

http://ncix.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/

http://directcanada.com/

http://canadacomputers.com/

There's also http://www.newegg.ca/, but you don't really save any money with them. And shipping takes 2-3 times aslong as some of the others. Canada computers has a bunch of stores all over the place in Ontario.