WRT54GL

hboogz

I overheard on a podcast that there was a way to add additonal "memory" to the WRT54G models by adding an external storage source. Which would help in adding as many packages you'd like from you're favorite firmware. Can anyone confirm this ? or shed some light ? If so, please provide the link on where i can get this going..

Thanks,

Your Topic is about the WRT54GL but then you mention the WRT54G in your post. They are different Wireless routers to my memory, the GL version is the second edition of the G but has a lot of the "features" taken out of it, the original G had a mini-PCI slot with the wireless card in it that you could upgrade but the GL doesn't. So you might want to check which you have.

Also why would you want to add more memory, are you going to use it as anything other than a router. I know can put linux on them and do some cool stuff but they don't make much of a machine.

I have a GL - I mentione WRT54G only because i thought if there was a hack for one version ( except v5 ) then it would apply to all.

But i have a GL.

Thanks for the SD mod -- no pain no gain, i know....but is there another option without potentially frying your box ?

I have a GL - I mentione WRT54G only because i thought if there was a hack for one version ( except v5 ) then it would apply to all.

But i have a GL.

Thanks for the SD mod -- no pain no gain, i know....but is there another option without potentially frying your box ?

If you go on eBay you can pick up a WRT54G for $15 to $30.