M1-DA to DVI Digital Video Cable

joeypesci

I know why Dell uses them, but I still hate them for it.

RM do the clever thing of making sure the graphics card has a connector for an external (to the adapter) connector, then provide low profile case expansion slot plates with VGA connectors on them and the external connector on the other end.

I know why Dell uses them, but I still hate them for it.

RM do the clever thing of making sure the graphics card has a connector for an external (to the adapter) connector, then provide low profile case expansion slot plates with VGA connectors on them and the external connector on the other end.

Er what?

Dell does this so the connectors for two monitors fits on a low profile card.

RM left the normal DVI connector, but have the option to put a VGA/DVI connector in a separate expansion slot on the case.

Sorry, call me thick but not sure what you're on about :) and what's RM?

Sorry, call me thick but not sure what you're on about :) and what's RM?

http://www.rm.com/Home/RMComHome.aspx

RM 'make' computers for schools, like Dell but without the home or business markets. They don't use BTX boards like Dell either. They take normal computer parts and put them in custom RM cases.

Side tracking more, but still interesting:

Bane of my life, these things suck, people continuously ask me why it runs slow, my response is always "they are crap".

There more recent stuff (see below) is unusual. They actually use 'normal' microATX motherboards in those (for some reason with laptop memory). The monitors are custom for them however, so they are more expensive. They do sell normal base unit computers which are as cheap as Dell.

RMOne__HandsScreen_L.jpg