getting into a router

RedWind

I know usually you don't like to answer these questions but this is nothing malicious I just want to know the easiest was to obtain the password for a router because moved into an apartment building that has wifi included but would like to open a port so I can use torrents. so if anyone can help me does this I would appreciate it.

I know usually you don't like to answer these questions but this is nothing malicious I just want to know the easiest was to obtain the password for a router because moved into an apartment building that has wifi included but would like to open a port so I can use torrents. so if anyone can help me does this I would appreciate it.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else on the forums previously. But, it really depends on the router and how they have it configured. Just as a starting point, what ports does it have open? For instance, can you configure it through SSH or telnet? Or if you know what kind of router it is, that might be helpful too.

Would imagine that if the WiFi is provided for by the appartment building, then no problem actually getting WiFI connection, just how to see the router is different story I agree..

And more than likely not want what the appartment WiFi admins want you to do..

The owner should at least have changed the default password. Default router passwords aren't exactly hacking as much as they are common knowledge and public domain. It's pretty easy to google for them and you can go to any router manufacturers site for them as well. Still, its not cool to f*ck with someone elses equipment without their permission. You do that at your own risk. No one here condones that, but that is up to the op who posted the question to make that call. Knowledge isn't a crime, but what you do with it may be though.

yeah the router is changed from default and I don't want to change the password because when he finds out then he has to hard reboot it and then the port is closed anyway then I will have to go through that all over again, I might do that as a last resort. and you dont even need a extension all you need is the default gateway ip type it into the browser and a login screen will apear with the model number on it