Eee + AVC (Mpeg4) = Not a good idea

Bit Hunter

The only PCs i own right now are Eee PC 901 and Eee Box B202, and non of them can decode AVC. The best bet has bin WMV-HD, it worked flawlessly under Windows Media Player 9 (haven't bothered t upgrade it yet). I think I will have to wait till next (when i buy a better rig) to watch Hak5 in HD...

HD chokes an Original MacBook air (the new ones are buttery I'm told)...,

The new eeeBoxes have HDMI right?..., perhaps they can handle HD better...,

My on eonly have a DVI out, and a i945 Graphics chipset.

BTW when is the new B204/6 is going to release...

I use a DVI to HDMI cable converter, and works fine with my HDTV. In fact, using it vs the DVI to VGA adapter gives me a better picture and allows my Pixel Res to jump from 1360x768 to 1920x1080.

Do you have the K-Lite Codec Pack installed

It has all of the codecs necessary for the computer to work with the formats

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite..._Codec_Pack.htm

i Have K-Lite Mega Pack Installed. ANd it still chocked on AVC. Although 720p Quicktime did play quite well with Quicktime Alternative Lite, but 1080p was a bummer.

im not hatin' at all, but why dont you just build a nice small cheap rig? I mean you would get WAAAYYYY more performance than a eeepc rig, for not much more at all.

If i build a new rig, i want it to shout out power. It is not going to be a cheap rig (cause money went to a Eee Box).

I use a DVI to HDMI cable converter, and works fine with my HDTV. In fact, using it vs the DVI to VGA adapter gives me a better picture and allows my Pixel Res to jump from 1360x768 to 1920x1080.

I have a screen with a DVI-D in, so i don't use any adapter at all, as of resolution i use max a 20" allows, 1680x1050.

play it with vlc player instead of windows media player. vlc player is going to be a bit less resource intensive than WMP.

It is using the open source FFDShow codec, if you keep k-lite codec pack installed but also get coreavc professional edition, unfourtunately coreavc professional edition costs money though, then it will use the codec from coreavc that if more efficient and it will put less demand on the hardware

After installing coreavc you will have to disable libavcodec, by going to start, all programs, k-lite codec pack, configuration, and then ffdshow video decoder

Then on H.264/AVC select disable

This will give your machine more performance

play it with vlc player instead of windows media player. vlc player is going to be a bit less resource intensive than WMP.

Media Player Classic with FFDShow gives better performance then VLC. I have tried VLC and i had framedrops...

It is using the open source FFDShow codec, if you keep k-lite codec pack installed but also get coreavc professional edition, unfourtunately coreavc professional edition costs money though, then it will use the codec from coreavc that if more efficient and it will put less demand on the hardware

After installing coreavc you will have to disable libavcodec, by going to start, all programs, k-lite codec pack, configuration, and then ffdshow video decoder

Then on H.264/AVC select disable

This will give your machine more performance

Will try it, thanks for the tips...

This did work better, thanks for he advice...