The OFFICIAL Bash The Wii Thread (With official Nintendo Seal of Approval :P)

h3%5kr3w

oh shit i lol @ that post. well done h3%5kr3w. i think you pretty much covered it. I mean i cant really see myself buying a console whose best games consist of fuckin wii-fit, wack-a-mole, mario tenis, and shit like that. I mean really the whole wii-motion thingy or whatever its called was cool at first but i really dont see it going anywhere from here. it's like when i see computer systems like the HP touchsmart, as cool as it looks to sit arms length from a 22" monitor and touch shit, I could do the same shit with a mouse (probably faster and with greater ease) and not have to sit 2 feet from the screen. i'm one of those people that likes to kick back in a nice comfortable chair or couch and game in comfort, not jumping around the living room like an idiot smacking people that walk by with a wii-remote. the whole wii motion thingy is gimicky, and i wouldnt expect any self respecting gamer would shell out 250 bucks for an inferior console. I like having media streaming options, dvd/cd playback options, blueray playback options, netflix streaming capability, 1080p games (i mean after all you cant even buy a new TV that isnt HD) and media playback.

basically the wii is a complete failure, i dont give a shit how many 8 year olds and middle age parents go out and buy them, as far as a complete full featured gamer console it fails hard.

lol, tanx vector, actually after posting, I even re-read it like 4 times and wondered how the hell I spewed all that out in one post :P some of my best work.... but thats not the last rant hehehe...

2 more rants to give...

WHY in the Wooly World of FUCK do I have to use itsy bitsy f'in gc mem cards for gc games?! I mean isnt that part of the whole 'backward compatibility' gimmick?! This should be something that defaults to the internal memory of the wii. Hell there's definitely enough of it..

and my last rant... the new SNES controller.. NOT SO WIRELESS... yah.. this was the single most LAME thing I have seen since the power glove.. A FUCKING 16 year old controller, remade and it's not wireless?! are you mindsplitting retarded or what? I mean.. it is 2009 isnt it? and 4 what reason do you need it to connect to the damn wiimote?! Make it wired, or make it fucking wireLESS not a damn dongle...

nintendo_seal_of_quality.jpg

Since this topic almost highjacked a thread *admit, I was involved* I decided to create this thread!

This thread is for mainly pissed off wii owners that feel nintendo is not delivering in our favor at all, so...

LETS START THE RUMBLE!

Here's My rant:

I AM hexskrew, and this is my NintendoFail Manifesto....

Why the hell is the fmv quality OUTSIDE A VIDEOGAME of any type of video format CRAP! I mean like 15fps youtube videos lagg on the damn thing *and no tiz not my wifi connection, I stream h.263 on my laptop on wifi from farther away from the router than the wii with no problems*

Wii probably can't handle it, it's saving space on the disc or makes streaming easier on the system. Have you streamed online videos on the xbox before? They letterbox stuff and it looks about the same as the Wii.

Where's the external HDD Love?! Hell I created my own 'concept photo' of what a wii external hdd would look like, and it was beautiful! (wish I still had that render...) I know I can just delete and re-download later if I want, but thats the point! I dont feel like rooting around what I have already bought to find it just to redownload it!

If the Wii had external HD support you had better believe the VC games would be hacked beyond all recognition. Ninty was protecting themselves. In spring, you'll be able to save and launch games from the SD card, and they are adding support for SDHC. Does this satisfy you? It works for me.

A legit MP3 Player I mean FTWTFin' Fuck?!?! My super shitty Motorolla slvr, that was a cheap cheap CHEAP ass phone has built in stereo mp3 support, and it's not like... anyone actually USES mp3? I mean cmon, nintendo even took the mp3 support (what little it had) out of the photo player in exchange for another format. So NOW it doesnt play it at all, and for why? who the hell said that would be a good idea anyways?! And to top it all off if you want the new 'really cool something else fun for a day on my wii screen' you HAvE to update the wii, and the update is what removes the mp3 support. LAME!!! LAME I TELL YOU *(and no reference to the lame mp3 converter :P) And this brings me to my next point....

My music is in AAC anyway. It's a high quality format. MP3 too's dated. Even still, it's clear you have one of the original Wii's, remove the photo channel update and you can play MP3's again. The update does not come packaged in a Wii update, it's available from the Wii Channel's in the Wii Shop. Only new Wii's force users to use AACs. Regardless, I've said this before, the Wii was never intended to be a media device. Nintendo didn't want to license the codecs nor create something mediocre here. There are much better media boxes out there.

How many fucking times does nintendo have to UPDATE the system, bring a pretty blue flashing ring around the drive, to maybe hype me up that there might be some really cool update that does somehting neat just to find out... THAT THE FUCKING PARENTAL CONTROLS ARE UPDATED! WOOO FUCKING HOOOOO! I dont give a SHIT if my wii get's PRON ATTACKED! It's MY WII, and it will pronsearch all that I please it to. (btw, yah I am ovr 21)

Obviously you don't have a PS3..., updates come like eight times a week and they take 169 hours each.

DUAL LAYER DVD DRIVE CONSPIRACY!!! YES friends, I believe this, because if you have a first gen wii (such as myself) there is no way you can play super smash bros. unless you send the wii in for 'A special cleaning that only Nintendo authorized personell can execute on the system' BULLLLLLSHHIIIIITTT!!! BSBSBS... that may work with a 7 year old but not a techie, and there are too much of us out here now to deny shit like this. If that's the case, then just say it.. IE. We thought we were installing dual layer dvd drives in wii's but were making more money off the system than any competitor, so we just didnt really check... so in that case, im sure that everyone in the company, before smash bros release (or the BETA team for that matter) JUST so happened to NOT have a first gen wii lying around when testing for the release of the game? This isnt even just full of fail, ITS FORTEFIED WITH GENUInE fAIL!

I have no idea what you're talking about hurr.

FRIEND CODES...... mother Fucker! thats bs right there i dont care who you are. Nintendo needs to realize that 78% of it's audience arent 2 years old, and we can count > 5 and WERE GROWN UP! THIS my friends should be what's included in the whole 'parental control update'. LIMIT IT TO PARENTAL CONTROLS!

I wouldn't mind friend codes if they didn't make you have a completely different one for each game. 1 plz, thnx nintendo. Otherwise I pretty much agree..., except with having it be adult oriented, I don't think that's why they did it. However, they if I play animal crossing with some friends, why can't my Wii automatically collect their Smash FCs? It's like they WANT to not play with my friends.

Why should it play dvds? WHY SHOULDNT IT! You wouldnt buy a refigerator that doesnt keep cool would you? There... point proven. Because who the hell these days has not ran into a time when the surround-dvd player messed up and you need a backup. DVD=Digital VIDEO Disk, not WII PROPRIETARY FUCKED UP DISK SYSTEM (WPFUDS)

Your analogy doesn't really work..., but I'll let it slide. Go back to my argument for the MP3 nonsense; IT'S NOT A MEDIA DEVICE.

Why are controllers $50? Thats pointless, dont give a shit what kinda controller it is, your making money on the system, eat the damn cost on controllers.

Yep, too expensive..., although the Xbox and PS3 controllers aren't cheap either.

Secretiveness/Lucritiveness(the same word, just one sounds better)- Mind you it is cool to wake up before EGM comes out with a big blown out deal of stuff about 'what just came out on wii this month on the vc' or 1up.com posts info about something and it almost makes you feel like you were the first person to get it, but the fact is we NEVER know what the hell is going to spew out of a blinking wii, and truthfully, by now, we should have seen alot more shit than whats out (as far as extra stuff on the main wii screen ie. weather etc.)

Wat?

Nintendo STILL seems to try to hinder 3rd party devs... Why are there so many crappy games for wii? Ask yourself this, if you were a dev company wanting to bring a multimillion dollar franchise to wii, why would you when the one feature that makes the system unique (waggle,waggle) is one of two major systems within that console that the company will not give you updates and work with you on?!

Nintendo isn't telling developers to suck. The third party devs don't bother trying because they can make a fortune releasing a subpar title.

ALSO ABOUT THE I-net/Multiplayer support... If it has open online multiplayer nintendo stops it dead to be on the wii. Is it because they are soooooooo shaking in their boots scared that little johnny will see some cursewords on the game? OR IS IT THE FACT THAT THIS WOULD ACTUALLY SELL ON THEIR SYSTEM AND MAY HINDER SALES OF THEIR OWN SOFTWARE?

You're talking about two different things here. Online BLOWS, yes I agree, but how online games from other developers hurt sales of their own software. Nintendo doesn't tell other developers they can't have online?

WTF is the vc origional content? YES there is some, but hell, I only see what? 2 a month these days? and it's just now starting off in this sector.....

I don't know what you're talking about here either.

Bottom Line from me....

I think Nintendo is an IN house, Leetest Shitcompany who only wants THEIR software to come out and perform well on THEIR hardware/system. So in this aspect, they will always be 2nd class to me, but not for money, OH btw, that makes me realize my last rant... why the hell is it still $250? shorteges/shmorteges. they are making a killing and throwing it in eveyone's faces. To top it all off, not only are they making mad cash on the system, but they are doing it with no real incentive to the customer other than the cheap ass apps that come preinstalled on the system.

BLAAAHHHH!!!!! should have bought another system instead...

Wild conjecture..., just because you aren't happy with them doesn't make them evil or wrong. They're successful, the Gamecube wasn't, be happy for them. All of your arguments are pretty weak bro, sorry.

WHY in the Wooly World of FUCK do I have to use itsy bitsy f'in gc mem cards for gc games?! I mean isnt that part of the whole 'backward compatibility' gimmick?! This should be something that defaults to the internal memory of the wii. Hell there's definitely enough of it..

Because that would require a complete rewrite of how the Gamecube works and saves content, which is unreasonable to expect Nintendo to do. Also, yea, the Gamecube memory cards are small, but games never take up much space anyway, what kind of argument is that? The biggest game ever was Animal Crossing: Population Growing, and it its 56 blocks..., 1/5 of my memory card. Guess how much all my other games add up to.., 58 blocks..., I still have tons of space left on my 'tiny memory card.'

and my last rant... the new SNES controller.. NOT SO WIRELESS... yah.. this was the single most LAME thing I have seen since the power glove.. A FUCKING 16 year old controller, remade and it's not wireless?! are you mindsplitting retarded or what? I mean.. it is 2009 isnt it? and 4 what reason do you need it to connect to the damn wiimote?! Make it wired, or make it fucking wireLESS not a damn dongle...

Oh, so you want another wireless device to put batteries in? Great.., just lovely. I can see what you're getting at here, but honestly, it's still wireless, and you must have some deep issues to have this be one of your most hated things about the Wii..., it's such a minor deal anyway and not at all detrimental to gameplay.

-----------------------------------

Here's why the Wii fails for me:

1) If it's all about connecting friends and family while playing games, then WHY make online the worst experience possible. Nintendo must believe the the rudimentary concept of just simply playing online is satisfactory, and that's about all they do. Really, if I can only play against faceless, nameless, voiceless people, I might as well just play the computer. I can't befriend other people, see what they are playing join their games or anything. Many games don't even have leaderboards, so what's even the point of playing if I'll never see who I'm fighting again nor have anything to boast about.

There's no online spontaneity with online playing with friends. I can't see what they are doing, nor even know when they are online. Therefore it requires barbaric scheduling outside of the Wii experience to set up games, and trade brutally confusing friend codes. Worse, trying to use Wiimail to set up a match is horribly unreliable, as it can take days to send a message.

It's almost too late at this point..., Nintendo probably has too much infrastructure in their online system so they couldn't change it now. Worse is that it's more than an attitude to protect kids, because if that was the case, parental controls would be protecting them. I personally think Nintendo doesn't know how to do online and are trying to adapt the model from the DS cause they don't know how to do anything else or the Wii can't handle it.

I'd love to, AT LEAST, see the WiiSpeak channel turned into the party system that NXE on the 360 has. Where even though we can't really all play together easily, I can AT LEAST chat with my friends while playing offline games...,

There are so many other things wrong with online, that I can't even think of them.

2) Mentality. Developers (Nintendo most definitely included) aren't trying anymore. There are so many Wii's out there that rehashing old games and developing lackluster titles makes so much money that they don't even try anymore. When a dev does try even a little, it gets buried under the crap, like Boom Blocks. Worse is that this system is becoming ingrained into the gaming community and if left unprovoked, it will always be this way. Developers themselves treat the Wii has a PS2, and develop with that mindset. It's DIFFERENT guys!, you can't do realism, so do style instead.

3) Price. The Wii continues to outsell competitors at it's high price, but everything needs to come down..., Including Galaxy/Twilight Princess/ETC.

4) The interface. I get what you're trying to do with the channel mechanism, but the metaphor doesn't work. Pull an NXE please.

I'll try to think of other things..., but everything related to online is what freaking pisses me off.

Nintendo are the only console makers who actually make any money tbh. Both Sony and Microsoft loose money for every console they sell.

However, the Wii is boring.

Correct! Obviously Nintendo is doing something right enough to make assloads of money.

oh shit i lol @ that post. well done h3%5kr3w. i think you pretty much covered it. I mean i cant really see myself buying a console whose best games consist of fuckin wii-fit, wack-a-mole, mario tenis, and shit like that. I mean really the whole wii-motion thingy or whatever its called was cool at first but i really dont see it going anywhere from here. it's like when i see computer systems like the HP touchsmart, as cool as it looks to sit arms length from a 22" monitor and touch shit, I could do the same shit with a mouse (probably faster and with greater ease) and not have to sit 2 feet from the screen. i'm one of those people that likes to kick back in a nice comfortable chair or couch and game in comfort, not jumping around the living room like an idiot smacking people that walk by with a wii-remote. the whole wii motion thingy is gimicky, and i wouldnt expect any self respecting gamer would shell out 250 bucks for an inferior console. I like having media streaming options, dvd/cd playback options, blueray playback options, netflix streaming capability, 1080p games (i mean after all you cant even buy a new TV that isnt HD) and media playback.

basically the wii is a complete failure, i dont give a shit how many 8 year olds and middle age parents go out and buy them, as far as a complete full featured gamer console it fails hard.

I know more people over 20 with a Wii than under 18 (I actually don't know any). More so, playing Xbox Live gives me a headache with all the screaming pubescent 12 year olds that think their cool shit. I think the Xbox attracts more stupid kids than the Wii (just look at you! jklolz ikidforrealshomie).

Once again, you're making the distinction that a gaming console should also be a media hub..., a comparison that is unfair and wrong. The Wii not having media capability shouldn't be detrimental, but should instead be a bonus on the 360 and PS3. Even still, you're combining both media consoles by saying you want netflix and bluray. Neither have both. The people I know with 360s and PS3s don't ever use the media streaming capabilities or even knew they existed. I don't want to go making assumptions like everyone else here is, but I'm pretty confident that only people who come to a forum like this even come remotely close to taking advantage of these features.

The motion is gimicky when a developer makes an action that could be done by hitting a button to some wagglewaggle motion. Try Metroid Prime 3 or Zack & Wiki, the motion controls make the game much more immersive and are implemented wonderfully.

My roommates and I all play wii without wrist straps and wiimote condoms and have never let go of the wiimote nor hit anyone. Only idiots do that..., are you an idiot? Must be if you're hitting people.

Good graphics doth not a good game make..., and you absolutely can buy a TV that isn't HD. The price of 1080p sets is still incredibly high.

And finally, to each is own dood. You all clearly are hating for all the wrong reasons, and calling me inferior for enjoying my Wii is downright disrespectful.

You sir are LAME!!! Here i thought i was gonna read a thread on running the bourne again shell (bash) on the wii (Am i the only one?), but no turned out to be a flame session.

In the future while complaining please first, use proper grammar. Also i have a first gen wii and can play Smash Bros. just fine.

Second, you should go check out wiibrew.org they've fixed almost every issue you brought up. And installing the homebrew channel is one of the easiest console hacks ever. Not saying the Wii is the best console out there or is not without any problems, i think friend codes are universally hated. But if your better then most with computers, and i am assuming you are, then stop complaining!

Instead of complaints about everything, find a way to fix/hack you way around them!

WiiBrew Apps Can Be Found Here

Including Fixes for, SDHC, MP3, DVD Playback, 3rd Party Games, you can even run Linux on it and more.

A final note, i like how you complain about price, yet its cheaper then a PS3, 360, PC, some iPods, etc.

You sir are LAME!!! Here i thought i was gonna read a thread on running the bourne again shell (bash) on the wii (Am i the only one?), but no turned out to be a flame session.

In the future while complaining please first, use proper grammar. Also i have a first gen wii and can play Smash Bros. just fine.

Second, you should go check out wiibrew.org they've fixed almost every issue you brought up. And installing the homebrew channel is one of the easiest console hacks ever. Not saying the Wii is the best console out there or is not without any problems, i think friend codes are universally hated. But if your better then most with computers, and i am assuming you are, then stop complaining!

Instead of complaints about everything, find a way to fix/hack you way around them!

WiiBrew Apps Can Be Found Here

Including Fixes for, SDHC, MP3, DVD Playback, 3rd Party Games, you can even run Linux on it and more.

A final note, i like how you complain about price, yet its cheaper then a PS3, 360, PC, some iPods, etc.

I'm glad you complained about grammar. I know mine's not perfect, but I didn't want to go there.

Hacking, while novel, shouldn't be a valid argument, as all of these things people complain about are expected to already be in the console. It stokes the fires more as the hacks make it clear that the Wii is at least capable.

I'm also not a fan of the immature grammarless flaming either <_< , we had a light discussion on another thread and the OP seems to be trying to rattle the birdcage (also known as trolling). Don't drink the haterade, if the OP wanted an intelligent discussion, he wouldn't have written so vulgar, slanderous, and immaturely. With that said, this will be a flame war for awhile, then die out like all the other fanboy war threads.

I just wanted to give some mad props to h3%5kr3w for an amazingly thought out and executed post!

Sorry for being rude, but really? It's not thought out nor executed well at all. h3%5kr3w could have dropped the childish act and written more intelligently and I might have been able to take him seriously. As it stands, he sounds like the whiny prepubescent twelve year olds that Halo 2 attracts light moths to a flame.

*sigh* :o I shouldn't have such high expectations of people, it is a forum after all...,

Sorry for being rude, but really? It's not thought out nor executed well at all. h3%5kr3w could have dropped the childish act and written more intelligently and I might have been able to take him seriously. As it stands, he sounds like the whiny prepubescent twelve year olds that Halo 2 attracts light moths to a flame.

*sigh* :o I shouldn't have such high expectations of people, it is a forum after all...,

To each his own, but I believe that anybody can criticize someone else when they voice an opinion that may be different or voice it in a manner another sees as "childish".

Speaking of childish... I suppose the "adult" thing to do when you come to a thread you disagree with or categorize as childish ...... is to move to another.

h3%5kr3w clearly put a good amount of time and effort into the post and it is members like that, that help create active and positive online communities.

Sorry if that's rude

So.... again I say... Mad props to h3%5kr3w

were all friends here anyway (I hope)

To each his own, but I believe that anybody can criticize someone else when they voice an opinion that may be different or voice it in a manner another sees as "childish".

Speaking of childish... I suppose the "adult" thing to do when you come to a thread you disagree with or categorize as childish ...... is to move to another.

h3%5kr3w clearly put a good amount of time and effort into the post and it is members like that, that help create active and positive online communities.

Sorry if that's rude

So.... again I say... Mad props to h3%5kr3w

were all friends here anyway (I hope)

Okay, sure. I obviously didn't put a lot of time and effort tearing him down too. I guess I don't deserve anything. Despite obvious flaming (not positive) I have no choice but to agree with you. </sarcasm> :rolleyes:

You clearly agree with him on the Wii, so you're going to going to have a bias to agree with him and hate on me for it..., and me the opposite onto you two. I won't be posting in this thread, because I'm off topic by not bashing..., so I don't belong. I thought some objectivity would illicit some deliberative dialogue, but that's not the case.

Okay, sure. I obviously didn't put a lot of time and effort tearing him down too. I guess I don't deserve anything. Despite obvious flaming I have no choice but to agree with you. </sarcasm> :rolleyes:

You clearly agree with him on the Wii, so you're going to going to have a bias to agree with him and hate on me for it..., and me the opposite onto you two.

Your missing the point... Its not about agreeing... its about respecting

I admit the language was a bit rough, but it was something he was obviously passionate about and he expressed his opinion differently than you would have... and that's ok

PS I dont' hate you for a post... I don't know you... here you are nothing but an IP

Your missing the point... Its not about agreeing... its about respecting

I admit the language was a bit rough, but it was something he was obviously passionate about and he expressed his opinion differently than you would have... and that's ok

PS I dont' hate you for a post... I don't know you... here you are nothing but an IP

I know you don't physically hate me, but it's the idea that you don't think I'm respectful. I'm really trying, but it's so hard when the OP's wild conjecture and baseless opinion are wildly praised. Moreover, you can't seem to respect my opinion either. I the Wii is terribad (Nintendo is seriously mishandling their success), but the OP's arguments aren't all valid and I was trying to bring an alternative perspective. The mere idea of this thread is pure flame...,

You all don't like the Wii, I get it. I'm over it, 'tevs.

The anonymity is not an excuse...,

greaterinternetfuckwadtheory.jpg

Okay, I'm not posting anymore.*

*for reals!

I know you don't physically hate me, but it's the idea that you don't think I'm respectful. I'm really trying, but it's so hard when the OP's wild conjecture and baseless opinion are wildly praised. Moreover, you can't seem to respect my opinion either. I the Wii is terribad (Nintendo is seriously mishandling their success), but the OP's arguments aren't all valid and I was trying to bring an alternative perspective. The mere idea of this thread is pure flame...,

You all don't like the Wii, I get it. I'm over it, 'tevs.

The anonymity is not an excuse...,

greaterinternetfuckwadtheory.jpg

Okay, I'm not posting anymore.*

*for reals!

Ok... this is my last post here directed to you

First I never said I didn't like the Wii all together. I said I agreed with its short comings... and I do. In fact I have a Wii that I tend to fire up at least 3 times a week.

Also Your opinion is respected. That was the hole point of my last post.

It is you that attacked me for "praising" his "baseless" post as you called it. Which means you were not respecting me to give praise where you don't see it fit.

In conclusion... let it go dude... we are all part of the kick @$$ hak5 community... so lets get back to simply helping each other out.

omg.... ok, this is way out of hand (yes I know it is my fault)

Let me explain a few things to you folks and maybe I wont be looking at a massive flame post count.

1. As quoting sablefoxx

If you would have read the caption: "The OFFICIAL Bash The Wii Thread (With official Nintendo Seal of Approval :P), Grab a bat and start swingin, no ps360 leeterz plz" you would have known that this has NOTHING to do with hacking the wii, though I do say I am going to persue your informational links, kthx.

2. Why is everyone so stunned about grammer, albeit I feel I should not have used so many colorful metaphors, and were uncalled for which I do apologize if it is not too late for that, but this is not an English class, nor a high profile job site, etc. It is a forum. Deal with it.

Thank you.. That takes a lot to agree with someone who will most definitely get uberflamed afterward and I commend you, yet I still feel that this was taken far away from where it was supposed to be.

4. Let me explain why I actually posted this thread. a. because it almost highjacked another thread, and b. because even though I do enjoy playing games on the wii (and even though I may look silly doing it, it's still fun) but the WII has been out for awhile, and I feel that Nintendo should use some of that cash they are stockpiling, to put into really cool stuff for the WII to keep it afloat for the future to churn out more business after xbox360 and ps3 really start grabbing more gamers back to where they were before. The fact of the matter is, is that the WII IS in fact capable of many things, and hindering it to just kids stuff and horrible games is going to bite Nintendo in the rear with a force to be reckoned with, when the next xbox or ps4 comes out (which for the ps4 will be at least another 4 years).

And contrary to everything else, if you flame me, I will not flame back, and this is not really even a flame board, more like a Wii owner's yap board. Thats why I specifically stated in the title "no ps360 leeterz plz" because this thread is for Wii owners and players to yap about the negatives on the wii, and this brings me to my one real fail (that happened to be an EPIC FAIL!) in this post was the very last line... "BLAAAHHHH!!!!! should have bought another system instead..."

This is super crispy fried fail. I should have never said that. I love the Wii, but I also hate it for obvious reasons that you have all read...

So flame if you must, I gladly open my coat to aide in the flinging of rocks.

p.s. I HATE Halo with a passion, UT2004 is awesome to me but I have never acted like a tard on it, really I rarely have chatted in it because I was having too much fun pwning people, and please post more nullArray, because this is a community, and we all have opinions. Noone should shoo out others just because they have different opinions.

and the last thought I have about all my "manifesto" is the fact that I think Ninty should put more R and D into the console and revise what is aggrivating about playing it.

2. Why is everyone so stunned about grammer, albeit I feel I should not have used so many colorful metaphors, and were uncalled for which I do apologize if it is not too late for that, but this is not an English class, nor a high profile job site, etc. It is a forum. Deal with it.

I guess I'm just disappointed that 28 year old isn't writing with some acceptable degree of clarity. In my dissection of your post, I had at least two situations where I couldn't even understand your qualm.

You ARE 100% correct in saying it's a forum and language need not apply, but dood, I can't flame yeh if I don't know what yer sayin'. ;) :P

Yes, I did go a little overboard. And with the grammer..... ok, I will admit it... I have (oh god... no) started getting into LOLSPEAK... It's just something else to waste my time on the side I guess. I was actually quite tired when I typed that post. I do not even remember why I put so much into it. Must have been Mr. Jeckyl coming out. Good to see some smileys though :D

Just to clear up a few things that I know I was mindlessly yapping about:

DUAL LAYER DVD DRIVE CONSPIRACY!!! YES friends, I believe this, because if you have a first gen wii (such as myself) there is no way you can play super smash bros. unless you send the wii in for 'A special cleaning that only Nintendo authorized personell can execute on the system' BULLLLLLSHHIIIIITTT!!! BSBSBS... that may work with a 7 year old but not a techie, and there are too much of us out here now to deny shit like this. If that's the case, then just say it.. IE. We thought we were installing dual layer dvd drives in wii's but were making more money off the system than any competitor, so we just didnt really check... so in that case, im sure that everyone in the company, before smash bros release (or the BETA team for that matter) JUST so happened to NOT have a first gen wii lying around when testing for the release of the game? This isnt even just full of fail, ITS FORTEFIED WITH GENUInE fAIL!

I have no idea what you're talking about hurr.

Here is some info on that:

Nintendo Customer Service | Repair

***oh crap oh crap oh crap.... If you search google with this "wii dual layer conspiracy" This thread comes in at #3 on the search list.. well.. hmm.. did not realize that would happen..***

Just to clear up a few things that I know I was mindlessly yapping about:

Here is some info on that:

Nintendo Customer Service | Repair

***oh crap oh crap oh crap.... If you search google with this "wii dual layer conspiracy" This thread comes in at #3 on the search list.. well.. hmm.. did not realize that would happen..***

I don't think Nintendo is allowed to lie about this, there are certain sanctions on companies. However, it is strange that a generic disc cleaner wouldn't work (probably cause the Wii doesn't have a CD player to run the actual cleaning process), but I wouldn't call it a conspiracy.

The Google search is interesting..., I'd hope that Hak5 robots.txt would block searches to protect forum posters. Wishful thinking...,

even scarrier, search for this and see this thread's place: official wii bash thread..

This make me not feel good at all about posting this thread... I don't want a bunch of blithering idiots to saturate this forum (though yes, this is Exactly what I was when I posted) but people that search for stuff like that are not like us..

ok, so I deleted my post and put up a link to another "bash the wii" forum. hope that helps things a-bit.. Though I'm sure the Hak.5 crew are going to think that it's odd a forum is getting a ton of hits, and then poof, off to nowhere.