Building packages for the fon

I'm trying to compile the latest version of aircrack-ng for the fon using this guide: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=install_fonera but whenever I try to install it, I get this error:

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install http://192.168.1.161/aircrack-ng_r1142-1_mips.ipk
Downloading http://192.168.1.161/aircrack-ng_r1142-1_mips.ipk
Installing aircrack-ng (r1142-1) to root...
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 28.
Collected errors:
Only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /, pkg aircrack-ng needs 1096

For the target system, I chose Atheros 231x/5312. my guess is that it's trying to install itself on flash space, when it should install to the flash image that is loaded on boot. Anybody have any idea on how to make it work?

The space you have is write once but leave even after a delete so if you've been doing quite a bit of stuff on the device then it may be full even if you think it has space. You may need to reflash it to free up the space.

BTW, you are not compiling or building you are installing. All the compilation and building has already been done.

I'm trying to install packages on the fon that were assembled on my debian box. I'm able to install other packages that I downloaded from other sites, but when I try to install the ones i built from trunk, it gives me the error. I'm using a 64mb SD card as swap space, and it shows I have room to install packages. I even installed some after my own failed. Here's a report of available space:

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
none                      6.6M     20.0k      6.6M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0k         0    512.0k   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock2            5.9M      3.1M      2.9M  51% /jffs
mini_fo:/jffs             1.0M      1.0M         0 100% /
root@OpenWrt:~# free
              total         used         free       shared      buffers
  Mem:        13620         8156         5464            0          272
 Swap:        62680            0        62680
Total:        76300         8156        68144
root@OpenWrt:~#

I'm guessing that it's trying to install to a location without any space. Is there any special configuration on how to cross-compile packages for the fon using the openwrt kamikaze trunk?

To see where it is trying to install to just look in the package, all ipkg does (as far as I know) is to unpack the data.tar.gz to the root of the device. If you want to change the location the files are installed to just move them around in the data tarball.

As for docs, look at the sdk section of the docs page linked to from the openwrt homepage. That is what I learnt from.