Restoring the Original Fon+ 2201 firmware

• 3 months later...
Yeah I found it yesterday on google cache. When I was asking before google was just waning to give errors about possible malware.

Do you have any instructions for unlocking 1.1.1 r1 and getting ssh access.

http://www.fonboard.nl/wiki/HowTo_Foneraplus_unlocking/en

I could not get this to work fully. What I would really like to do is try getting the Fon 2.0 firmware on the Fon+. Do you know if anyone has tried this yet? I don't see why it wouldn't work since it is literally the same hardware for what is common between the two.

Well it has the same hardware but the the Fon2.0 has more RAM. that would be the limiting factor. the usb function could be forgiven but without the extra ram you might have some issues preforming all the functions that the fon2 can do even if you accept the fact that you would need to pipe the data (torrents, uploads, ect) from and to a mapped external data client

Well it has the same hardware but the the Fon2.0 has more RAM. that would be the limiting factor. the usb function could be forgiven but without the extra ram you might have some issues preforming all the functions that the fon2 can do even if you accept the fact that you would need to pipe the data (torrents, uploads, ect) from and to a mapped external data client

Oh yeah. Forgot about the RAM upgrade...wish I was good at soldering so i could fix that minor issue ;)

I always use FonFlash.