iPhone/iPod Touch - What security tools are there for them?

USBHacker

Hi

After reading about the iPhone and the iPod Touch, and finding that they both use the iPhone OS, I have pretty much decided to get the iPod Touch.

But before I use any of my money to buy some hardware that I will primarily use for security related ventures, I would first like to know what security orientated tools are available for the iPhone OS platform.

After doing a little bit of research, I have found 2, them being NMap and Metasploit.

Also found aircrack, but seems a bit useless since airodump-ng can't be used with it [yet].

Does anyone know of any other security related tools for the iPhone/iPod Touch?

If so, please tell me/us of them.

Thanks in advance,

USBHacker

Hi

After reading about the iPhone and the iPod Touch, and finding that they both use the iPhone OS, I have pretty much decided to get the iPod Touch.

But before I use any of my money to buy some hardware that I will primarily use for security related ventures, I would first like to know what security orientated tools are available for the iPhone OS platform.

After doing a little bit of research, I have found 2, them being NMap and Metasploit.

Also found aircrack, but seems a bit useless since airodump-ng can't be used with it [yet].

Does anyone know of any other security related tools for the iPhone/iPod Touch?

If so, please tell me/us of them.

Thanks in advance,

USBHacker

Check the jailbreak catalog.

Although I'm still unsure what you mean by security tools. If it's what I'm thinking of, Netbook or Windows Mobile handset might almost work better. I don't really have enough details from you.

Check the jailbreak catalog.

Although I'm still unsure what you mean by security tools. If it's what I'm thinking of, Netbook or Windows Mobile handset might almost work better. I don't really have enough details from you.

By security tools, I'm talking about the kind of penetration testing tools/features that you would find in a distribution such as BackTrack or my one.

I'm especially interested in tools that can 'hack' wireless networks (such as aircrack, though the iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't have a compatible wireless card).

USBHacker