Fujitsu U820?

So, this tiny UMPC has the Atheros chipset... would it be possible to put Jasager on this?

Also, I assume you couldn't simply put Jasager on a netbook of some kind due to the chipsets and what not, but let's say one had an HP Mini 2140 (when it comes out) would there be a way to achieve the same effect, either Linux or Windows, the OS doesn't matter.

So, this tiny UMPC has the Atheros chipset... would it be possible to put Jasager on this?

If you can get openwrt on there and it has enough storage then it should be possible

Also, I assume you couldn't simply put Jasager on a netbook of some kind due to the chipsets and what not, but let's say one had an HP Mini 2140 (when it comes out) would there be a way to achieve the same effect, either Linux or Windows, the OS doesn't matter.

You can install Jasager on a laptop with some code changes. I haven't done these and don't plan to as I have a plan for a laptop version.

Rather than running Jasager you'd be better running karma on a laptop. Grab a copy from my site, patch your madwifi drivers (atheros only) and fire it up. The alternative is airbase which does a similar thing.

Watch out trying to run karma from BT3, it doesn't work.

i dont know why everyone is so gay over the fon. i mean you could totally build your own router small as a credit card and put your own atheros super pimp chipset cards in it for maximum pwnage. heres some from one of my fav online shops http://www.wlanparts.com/category/sbc/

and heres a super pimp newer one from ubiquiti http://www.ubnt.com/products/ministation.php

i have a small one that i put together last year that has two XtremeRange2 ubiquiti 600mw mini pci cards.

Looking at the prices on the first link, I'd say most people like the fon because it is cheap. And it comes in a nice plastic case.

The reason I started Jasager was to create a device for pen testers to be able to drop on site and leave. If it goes missing then at under $50 the cost is ok compared to the overall price of the test. A $200 card which had had to have some time spent casing it would be a lot more of a loss.

Looking at the prices on the first link, I'd say most people like the fon because it is cheap. And it comes in a nice plastic case.

The reason I started Jasager was to create a device for pen testers to be able to drop on site and leave. If it goes missing then at under $50 the cost is ok compared to the overall price of the test. A $200 card which had had to have some time spent casing it would be a lot more of a loss.

well you bring up a very valid point there.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being a n00b on such topics as WIFI on linux, but does KARMA require madwifi? And if so, is there any way to get madwifi to work on a broadcom (Linksys) chipset? If its not possible, could I put openWRT on there and use it as a router, or would I have to screw with IP tables to do that? The reason I ask is that I have an old notebook lying around, and its hardware is 100% supported on Linux. Its too slow for most uses, but putting KARMA on it sounds fun ;)

Thanks

Also, my new notebook does have an Atheros chipset. How would I go about installing KARMA on it?

Karma is two parts, the most important part is a patch to the madwifi drivers so yes, it needs atheros.

To install karma on a laptop just download the madwifi patches from my site, apply them to the madwifi source, build and install. You then drop the framework in a directory and run it.

If you know anything about building software from source it is fairly easy, if you don't, hang on till BT4 comes out as that will have a working karma install on it. The one on BT3 doesn't work but I'm doing the one for BT4 so it will hopefully work.