Pocket PC Network Audit Tool

Kev_in3D

Hey All...

I figured if there was anywhere that I could post my question, and get some awesome suggestions, it would be here... GO Hak5 GO...

So here it is. I just purchased a new cellphone (htc touch pro -AWESOME-), and I now have my old xv6700 PocketPC that no longer has phone/wwan service. It does however still have wifi, bluetooth, etc...

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a custom Windows Mobile ROM with some super network security tools, or even better, a pocketpc supported linux distro that would allow me to Airpwn my friends... and enemies

:-)

All in all, I can't bare to have this handy little device to go on being unused.

Thanks in advance for anything ya'll can come up with.

airscanner mobile security suite, wifi fo fum, pocket putty, mochasoft vnc viewer, mochasoft telnet/ssh client, check HTC for rom updates, also you might want this http://la.gg/v/Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.0.zip, but you need to install .net 2.0cf first, that will help you unlock alot of shit, mobiscope, mobiola webcam3. i cant remember the others right this second, i'll post the rest later. if you need any help with those apps lemmie know.

airscanner mobile security suite, wifi fo fum, pocket putty, mochasoft vnc viewer, mochasoft telnet/ssh client, check HTC for rom updates, also you might want this http://la.gg/v/Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.0.zip, but you need to install .net 2.0cf first, that will help you unlock alot of shit, mobiscope, mobiola webcam3. i cant remember the others right this second, i'll post the rest later. if you need any help with those apps lemmie know.

Holy crap... That was quick. Keep em comin. :-) Also, thanks.

• 1 month later...

there arnt many primarily because noone has ported a solid packet capturing driver for win mobile. some have created proprietary drivers (read airmagnet) but require a specific chipset or card to work properly/at all.

that being said, there are tools out there... simple and feature specific. there is also a linux distro that has been around the block for some time called familiar linux. obviously could run things like airpdump/tcpdump and others like kismet and aireplay etc

at one time there was a toolkit developed for ppc called tigersuite, but it was nothing special. theres also a version of cain for ppc with limited capablility, and i dont think mao is developing for it any more

see

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/ppchack

or buy a nokia 770 and get a copy of immunity

or get on the bus and grab an eee. netbooks are great for pentesting/audits