Windows 7 beta free download

h3%5kr3w

The download is so unreliable. I've been trying all night. Anyone know where I can find a 32bit torrent of this?

ya same making me rlly mad it goes good and then sucks nuts....stupid microshaft.....checking in the morning and hopefully get something...goodluck

hell... now this is aggrivating i got keys for the 32bit AND 64bit versions... unfortunately when i click to download 7, nothing happens.. it just acts like it's loading and goes right back to the key page...

haha ya completely right, i was just thinking that if u release something big like windows 7 publicly, wouldnt u have put more effort and stability into delivering it... duhhh http download.....and then were exspecting 2.7mill dl.....u know that sever and what ever they have running isnt prolly gunna cut it ...deff on the torrent

I mean, think about it in terms of other software. Opera has "mirrors" around the world, and that is just for a web browser. Linux is on thousands on mirrors and torrent sites, not to mention the fact that its free with no reg key to make it work, I'm sure when each release of Ubuntu finally comes out they make sure there is enough servers ready to handle to load. FireFOx ran into this problem when they were trying to set their world record for downloads, but I think part of their problem was self inflicted, as in, they wanted to make it look so popular that it took out their servers. I think in the part on Microsoft, they wouldn't want that as a tactic, since they have had enough bad PR with Vista, they would have gotten a clue by now and made sure they had a delivery method that could withstand anything.

Torrents should be the new business model for companies trying to distribute their software. Throw up a torrent, and an MD5 hash of the legit file so people can verify their downloads and be done with it. Had they took that route, I think they would have not only gained more respect from people, but would find out that more people would be willing to download via torrent than one large 2.5gig iso from their site via http. They probably would double to tripple their downloads since its quicker and easier to download files via torrent vs HTTP. They know people pirate their stuff this way, they should beat them at their own game.

fuckin' A sweet! thanx! hey i noticed that if you log out completely, clear your cache and go back in they will give another product key if you wanna snatch a copy for someone you kno! wow what a horrible iso naming scheme though...

i have got a copy of this and a key (MSDN User (makes all the money they cost seem a little less bitter!))

if you have used vista, it looks and functions pritty much the same, just think faster and (already) more stable,

if they keep that going windows 7 might actually be a platform i use to write code on!

TBH I suspect they are somewhat surprised at the amount of interest in the Windows 7 beta. Yes, torrents would have been better but a lot of people interested in this will be working in places that firewall off p2p stuff. They did use a 3rd party to provide download caching and acceleration (at least when vista was released) but I think the main reason it went to hell is the sheer amount of people interested in this. I blame Google myself, they have massively devalued the term "beta" so I'm betting an awful lot of people unsuited to MS Beta products are downloading this thinking its a free Vista upgrade or some such.

I have to admit... I have had a few hours of tinkering with Win7, and just remember this:

I AM A FOSS LOVER AND A LINUX ENTHUSIAST

BUT.....

I am F*$king AMAZED with 7..

I dunno, just seems like everything is where it should be and better. Now should this have been vista? DUH! Whoever decided to put vista on the market without everything 7 has is a smacktard. But man... they actually got it right.

I just wanna say it like this:

Microsoft to me is just like the New Orleans Saints. I dont really care too much for them, but it makes me smile when they run a good play every once in awhile. :D

I logged on through TechNet and got 4 keys for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Apparantly there is only 5 keys for both going around, which makes sense as I just kept refreshing the page to get more and sometimes they didn't change.

If you didn't get a key there is a command to extend the trial by a further 120 days, just have a look at LifeHackers coverage, its all there.

I logged on through TechNet and got 4 keys for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Apparantly there is only 5 keys for both going around, which makes sense as I just kept refreshing the page to get more and sometimes they didn't change.

If you didn't get a key there is a command to extend the trial by a further 120 days, just have a look at LifeHackers coverage, its all there.

ya same here got 5-6 keys for 32bit and 64bit then they would just start to rotate ...now i have to find a machine to install on...damnit

i noticed i actually had to give my real c partition (vista partition) a drive letter before I could access it in 7. At first I thought I screwed up and deleted and installed on the wrong damn partition! lol

Is everyone been able to download the Beta Alright?

I keep trying the HTTP Download, and everytime I get to about 10% downloaded (in Opera and Firefox), the download will just stop and I am unable to resume it, has anyone else experienced this, its been happening to me since the launch of the download.

Any Resolutions?

meh i have had it for ages now even got keys since pre beta builds. 7 has always been supirior cos it is just overdeveloped windows vista which is great. I dont like what windows live are doing removing apps like movie maker from 7

Thing is i never used any of those apps, so i like that they took them out.

Is everyone been able to download the Beta Alright?

I keep trying the HTTP Download, and everytime I get to about 10% downloaded (in Opera and Firefox), the download will just stop and I am unable to resume it, has anyone else experienced this, its been happening to me since the launch of the download.

Any Resolutions?

I had the same problem, so i downloaded it using IE7 and it worked fine got it at about 700Kb-1Mb down.