DEFCON 14.....Who’s going?

metatron

Are you going?  

48 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I will be attending again this year with a few friends and was wondering who else is going?

I basically will be taking:

Two laptops (ThinkPad and MacBook Pro)

Mac Mini (Running Debian)

IP camera

Sony HDR-FX1 HDV HD Camcorder

USB Microphone.

Two Linksys wrt54g

Small Shuttle PC (Running Debian & Asterisk)

Two Cisco CP-7936

One ZyXEL2000W

One Netgear FS518 Switch

So I should have fun going through customs.

I would love to go but can't afford it.

I've always wondered about taking a hdd apart, removing everything, replacing a CF with adaptor inside of it, and then filling the rest of it up with drugs, then trying to get through customs. We they ask to turn it on, it will and it will work as well.

Not that I would ever try it anyway.

I would love to go but can't afford it.

I've always wondered about taking a hdd apart, removing everything, replacing a CF with adaptor inside of it, and then filling the rest of it up with drugs, then trying to get through customs. We they ask to turn it on, it will and it will work as well.

Not that I would ever try it anyway.

I don’t think I would be up for that, but it could work. :lol:

I'd like to go to one at some point, but travelling overseas (to the US no less) for an admittedly cool-looking convention is a little hard on my budget. Maybe I can get my employer to sponsor me or something, but since security isn't my field at work I kinda doubt it.

If you are taking all this wireless equipment metatron, i dread to think of what people with even more money then you are taking. I can imagin that it would be easy for some one to die due to there brain cooking (microwaves) becasue of all the wireless stuff...

I’m keeping the equipment that I’m taking down this year as my parabolic dish antenna was damaged in my luggage, so this year I’m just taking all my equipment in my carry on luggage.

My friends will be bringing kismet drones and a dish antenna and a few different jamming devices along with their laptops and a dual Opteron server.

why do you need all this stuff?

Well I meet a lot of interesting people and I like to bounce a lot of ideas of them and try to come up with new ideas and interesting ways to solve problems and I need equipment to get my ideas across, in a more understandable way.

Plus I will be setting up a live camera feed with sound and setting up some stuff so if people what to play around with it they can.

What kind of ideas? I'm full of crazy ideas which are probably good. Such as thinking that Microsoft should compleatly lose the registary from windows and use a registary emulator for backwards compatability.

I have a lot of ideas from ways to beat the world record for distance when reading data of a RFID tag, to a new distro loosely based on OpenBSD.

I'll be there. Got hotel reservations already, still need to book the plane ticket though, haha.

I'll be taking my thinkpad and recording equipment, because SploitCast will be doing some recording throughout the DefCon weekend. Also taking lots of money to drink and gamble away.

I can't go, if I were to ever go out everyone would know that I am really a n00b posing as someone who is in the know.

Seriously though, I have always wanted to go but seeing as I am paying the price for my reckless youth now, I couldn't afford it without winning the lotto. If my male ho gig would just take off though..........

I have a lot of ideas from ways to beat the world record for distance when reading data of a RFID tag, to a new distro loosely based on OpenBSD.

Didn't the kids from From the Shadows set the current record at last years defcon?

And I would go, if I had the money. But, I would have the same problem as Uncle Toxie, I would be spotted as a noob as soon as I opened my mouth.

Didn't the kids from From the Shadows set the current record at last years defcon?

And I would go, if I had the money. But, I would have the same problem as Uncle Toxie, I would be spotted as a noob as soon as I opened my mouth.

Yeah, I think the record is 69 feet at the moment and we all say stupid things and look like noobs at times, I know when I get a few beers in me I tend to ramble and a lot of the stuff that comes out of my mouth make little to no sense to anyone other then myself and maybe a couple of the people from my 2600 meetings.

i would love to go, if it wasnt a few thousand miles away in the US (nothing every happens like that in the UK :()

I would also look like a n00b but hey if i went (which i wont :() who cares if you make a fole of your self if you say something n00bish, you might learn something and the chances are you'll never meet the person again

I'm really trying to go. Getting a ride there will be the tough part. I can't really afford a plane ticket right now, so hopefully I can bum a ride from somebody.

Anyone in the Louisville, KY area driving there?

I can't go, if I were to ever go out everyone would know that I am really a n00b posing as someone who is in the know.

And everyone would finaly know I am a n00b oh wait they already do! :)

Anyway no thanks it will be a cold day in hell before I step foot in the US lol

i would love to go, if it wasnt a few thousand miles away in the US (nothing every happens like that in the UK :()

I would also look like a n00b but hey if i went (which i wont :() who cares if you make a fole of your self if you say something n00bish, you might learn something and the chances are you'll never meet the person again

People have tried to set up con’s in the UK, there was one in Blackpool but I hear that was shit other then that there is a LUG radio live thing going on in Wolverhampton on the 22nd and 23rd of July and that should be fun, but there is nothing near DefCon in the UK.

If you shop around online you can flights for £320 to Vegas and you can get cheap hotel rooms if you’re not bothered where you stay.

ive been looking for a road trip (maybe air-trip, depneds on price), so i will hopefully be going, but georgia to nevada is a long way. Ill look pretty noob, but the only way to overcome your noobism is to put yourself out there and learn... right?