Fon hacking help

Hey quick question. So i brought up Karma and opened my other laptop. My secondary laptop was picking up all these weird ap's like universities, Super 8, hotels. ( None of which are anywhere near where i live. ) Is that karma that's doing that? or is something really funky going on? I noticed on the connected clients list that these ap's were listed. Any ideas?

Micah C

Hey quick question. So i brought up Karma and opened my other laptop. My secondary laptop was picking up all these weird ap's like universities, Super 8, hotels. ( None of which are anywhere near where i live. ) Is that karma that's doing that? or is something really funky going on? I noticed on the connected clients list that these ap's were listed. Any ideas?

Micah C

Those are all APs you most likely have connected to at some point and now they are showing up in karma. Read some of the other threads and watch the Hak5 shows on Jasager all of this is explained.

Thanks. Now i have another question. I screwed up my fon's IP. I was following these instructions:

http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Internet_Connect...mit_Der_Jasager

I was on the step where i have to configure the fons IP on the webif interface. I was waiting forever, got a little anxious and closed out. Now i have no access to my fon whatsoever. I think my only hope is to connect to it via Serial port and change its IP manually. Is this possible? Any other suggestions kus i really don't want to have to serial in to it.

Micah C