Wireless Cacking using Windows

Artoo

I know it is possible using Linux (BackTrack 3 etc.), but can you do this using Windows??

Which tools are good for WEP/WPA(2)??

Shoot! :)

okay, if you mean capturing the WPA handshake, then yes, but you must have spefic wireless card to do this. the best way is aircrack-ng but its not easy.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=&am...cd8f2c1762ed1ea

thats the home page, (above)

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compatibility_drivers

and that will tell you wether or not your card can support Aircrack-ng

thats what you'd use to capture the handshake,

now if you mean to crack the password once you have the handshake, then can you download, Aircrack-ng

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=extendedwarning

hope this helps

theres a few apps that i like using with windows for wep/wpa. the first and my favorite is commview for wif. nothing else on windows or even on linux comes close. it is the final answer. i dont know why people still insist on claiming that there are barely any wireless card drivers for these types of apps in windows. theres tons of cards available very very cheap that will work perfectly.

also you might want to look at using the aircrack VM in windows. this way you can use windows apps in addition to the linux apps with different wireless adapters at the same time. this eliminates the need for multiple laptops if your card isnt capable of injecting and capturing packets at the same time.

heres how aircrack VM will look in windows

aircrack.jpg

quizimg.png

some pics of commview for wifi

commip.jpg

quizimg.png

commmac.jpg

quizimg.png

Craxin.jpg

quizimg.png

see this is why i dont understand why every noobface cant wait to run out and install backtrack 3 with a super duper atheros card. you can do everything if not more using windows.

yah well commview for WiFi is also 200-400 Dollars US

Aircrack-ng is free

even then Commview doesn't support of whole lot of cards ether

802.11b/g/n adapters

Atheros Wireless Network Adapter (AR5008)

D-Link DWA-542 RangeBooster N Desktop Adapter

D-Link DWA-547 RangeBooster N Desktop Adapter

D-Link DWA-552 Xtreme N Desktop Adapter

D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter

D-Link DWA-642 RangeBooster N Notebook Adapter

D-Link DWA-643 Xtreme N Notebook ExpressCard Adapter

D-Link DWA-645 RangeBooster N 650 Notebook Adapter

D-Link DWA-652 Xtreme N Notebook Adapter

Gigabyte GN-WI03N (mini) PCI WLAN Card

Gigabyte GN-WI06N (mini) PCI Express WLAN Card

Gigabyte GN-WM02N Express WLAN Card

Gigabyte GN-WP02N PCI Express WLAN Card

NEC AtermWL300NC (PA-WL300NC) Wireless Network Adapter

TP-Link TL-WN910N Wireless N Cardbus Adapter

LIST.jpg

quizimg.png

you dont think thats enough supported wireless adapters??

NO. not a single broadcom is supported.. STILL ITS $200. Backtrack, and aircrack-ng and coWPAtty are FREE

artto, if you've got 200 to throw at cracking WiFi, adn your card is supported go with Commview. if not Aircrack-ng is the way to go

only very old broadcom 43xx chipsets are compatible for use with airodump in windows, so i dont really understand your argument. also im sure someone wanting to go around cracking wireless encryption could also find a way around paying for an application for windows. newer compatible chipset cards are super cheap and many will have external antenna adapters and better configuration options than older chipsets. but to say thats a short list of compatible adapters and chipsets is just nonsense. compare it to the list of comatible adapters in the windows version of Aircrack-ng. also the aircrack-ng suite dosnt come even come close to the features that commview for wifi has, not even close.

Oke, thx a lot for the replies. About Google : i searched it multiple times and I did found apps like aircrack -ng and things like that, but I just wanted to know if you guys knew anything beter than what Google gives me ;)

Than is BackTrack3 probably the best way to go. And I was just curious if it could be done with Windows :)

Don't shoot me for that :P

theres a few apps that i like using with windows for wep/wpa. the first and my favorite is commview for wif. nothing else on windows or even on linux comes close. it is the final answer. i dont know why people still insist on claiming that there are barely any wireless card drivers for these types of apps in windows. theres tons of cards available very very cheap that will work perfectly.

also you might want to look at using the aircrack VM in windows. this way you can use windows apps in addition to the linux apps with different wireless adapters at the same time. this eliminates the need for multiple laptops if your card isnt capable of injecting and capturing packets at the same time.

heres how aircrack VM will look in windows

see this is why i dont understand why every noobface cant wait to run out and install backtrack 3 with a super duper atheros card. you can do everything if not more using windows.

You should have a look at WiFi Analyzer from Airmagnet, its hands down one of the best tools I have ever use. Airmagnet do a few good tools but that would be the most useful one for this task.

If you have a supported card then this will work under windows:

AiroWizard http://airdump.net/airowizard-windows-wlan-hacking/

I have used it to crack wep passwords with a Dell X300 + some Atheros card i found in a HP laptop under XP SP3 but its not longer being developed and the author has taken down the links to it. However, I've posted the last version as an attachment. YMMV

AiroWizard_Setup_Beta_1_rev.250.rar

If you have a supported card then this will work under windows:

AiroWizard http://airdump.net/airowizard-windows-wlan-hacking/

I have used it to crack wep passwords with a Dell X300 + some Atheros card i found in a HP laptop under XP SP3 but its not longer being developed and the author has taken down the links to it. However, I've posted the last version as an attachment. YMMV

good link VaKo. theres alot of good shit in that one spot.

There is a lot faster way than the old airoscripts...

1) Prepare your nic by running airmon-ng start wlan0

or iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor

2) Use airodump-ng to find your target: airodump-ng --ivs -w d wlan0

3) Use spoonwep to crack it... (cracks a 64 bit WEP in just under 30 sec.)

This however only applies to Linux and WEP Encryptions. ;)