MDK3 Makefile

I already read about the Legend firmware, and I also read that mdk3 gets supported by installing aircrack-suite on the fon.

But I was curious if its possible to get mdk3 running on the fon with the openwrt & jasager (the ones from the wiki here) without flashing new firmware.

And as digiNinja said he got it running i guess its possible, so i would like to know how to get this libpthread.so0 thingy managed.

MDK3 does work but I couldn't tell you whats up with libpthread, from what I remember I didn't have any problems installing libraries or I'd have document it. Maybe you downloaded a corrupt version or a version for a different architecture or different version of openwrt.

Best bet to get most of mdk3 and jasager is to run them on seperate fons. run legend/mdk3/aircrack on one fon..use it to deauth ur target client or ap. that forces ur victims to connect to jasager running on second fon automatically. it totally works.

Just installed "libpthread_0.9.28-8_mips.ipk".

Now it works like a charm ;)

<3 <3 <3

Then how can it do both things at same time. You can only multitask(time share) I assume. If so, will it be fast enough? I will be interested to know how you are approaching this.

I'd agree with that but I'm going to put them both on the same because people are asking for it. There will be appropriate warnings.

I've got two virtual interfaces, one in AP mode and one in monitor mode, the monitor mode transmits the deauth, the AP gets clients. The problem is that if you change the channel of the monitor mode interface the AP interface also changes so you loose all your associated clients.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

why doesn't MDK3 deauth properly, when set in default channelhop mode? (at least for me, for some reason)

I mean, it does deauthenticating when using "mdk3 ath0 d" or "mdk3 ath0 d -c" but it hops and deauths really slow for some reason, (e.g. my test client every min or so), which isn't normal i think.

It also deauths FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF, which is quiet useless i think, because deauthenticating the broadcast doesn't do anything, or does it? (i set it in whitelist using additional "-w whitelist")

But as far as i remember, deauthenticating worked properly and pretty fast when only set on one channel (eg. "-c 11").

So my questions are now:

- Is this slow deauthing and or channel hopping normal?

- Useful/Useless setting Broadcast on whitelist ?

- How to speed up deauthenticating on all channels ?

- And why the hell are there 3 "mdk3" processes running when set in /etc/init.d/custom-user-startup as daemon ?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I accidentally found this thread and I'd like to provide my Makefile I used for Piranha 1.0 beta (already updated to MDK3v5 now)

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_NAME:=mdk3
PKG_VERSION:=v5
PKG_RELEASE:=1
PKG_MD5SUM:=f71a1740ac6acb0d59aae3727ca2c38a

PKG_BUILD_DIR:=$(BUILD_DIR)/$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION)
PKG_SOURCE_URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan
PKG_SOURCE:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION).tar.bz2
PKG_CAT:=bzcat

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/mdk3
  SECTION:=net
  CATEGORY:=Network
  TITLE:=proof-of-concept tool to exploit common IEEE 802.11 protocol weaknesses
  URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/
  SUBMENU:=wireless
endef

define Package/mdk3/install
    $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/sbin
    $(CP) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/mdk3 $(1)/usr/sbin
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,mdk3))

best,

orange