MDK3 Makefile

I figured out how the Piranha firmware built the mdk3 package today and I was able to I compile my own package :D . mdk3 does kind of work along side karma but there are some minor issues. For example, when I tried setting up jasager on channel 6 and set mdk to channel hop it crashed my Fon+ after a minute or so <_< . However, it did run somewhat OK when both were set to the same channel. Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload the package to the forums. But I'll give everyone the makefile so that you can build it your self and maybe some one will be kind and upload the package for the people that don't know how to build it.

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_NAME:=mdk3
PKG_REV:=5
PKG_VERSION:=v$(PKG_REV)
PKG_RELEASE:=1

PKG_SOURCE:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION).tar.bz2
PKG_SOURCE_URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/
PKG_SOURCE_SUBDIR:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION)
PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=$(PKG_REV)
#PKG_SOURCE_PROTO:=svn

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/mdk3
  SECTION:=net
  CATEGORY:=Network
  TITLE:=MDK3
  URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/
  SUBMENU:=wireless
endef

define Package/mdk3/description
Tool to exploit wireless vulnerabilities
endef

define Build/Configure
endef

define Package/mdk3/install
    $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/sbin
    $(CP) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/mdk3 $(1)/usr/sbin/
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,mdk3))

Nice one.

I don't know why it would crash the fon but you can't lock an AP to one channel then ask it to also channel hop. You only have one radio device so it has to do one or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got time to start playing with this. A couple of comments, if anyone uses it, make sure you turn the spaces into tabs when saving the Makefile and there is a dependency on libpthread. Apart from that, it compiles and installs fine.

I'm having some problems actually getting it to do what it is supposed to do even though it claims to be outputting things. I'm going to keep playing and will report back if I manage to get anywhere.

I think you might need aircrack-ng installed too.

The new MDK3 uses the osdep injection library from the www.aircrack-ng.org project.
I guess I should of tested it better but I was just so excited that I figured out how to get it to build correctly.

You don't need aircrack, I haven't got it.

No problem with the lack of testing, it works! (well nearly but I think I just got a tip as to why it wasn't deauthing my clients but that isn't your fault, it is my lack of sleep)

Just use spaces, code adds no formatting beyond what you add.

no space
 one space
  two space
   three space
    four space

one space is ignored, I think that is because of spacing in html rather than the output.

I've got mdk working with Jasager but found a problem. madwifi doesn't seem to live having an AP and monitor mode both running on different channels. It will let me set it up but then seems to switch back to both being on one after a while.

Currently this means that when you run mdk it changes channel to the one you specify but the AP then follows and so kicks off all its clients.

I'm going to investigate further and see what I can find.

I haven't had a lock up yet but I'm doing all my stuff through serial cable so maybe it was just your network that locked up.

Something else I've thought of that will stop this if if I can't find a work around is that mdk deauths everything on the selected channel, if the AP does migrate to the same channel as the monitor interface then mdk will be deauthing itself. I haven't seen anything in the mdk help about restricting by MAC (not SSID as Jasager can reply to any SSID) but as I've only just thought of it I've not looked very deeply.

There should be client or ap filter on mdk3. I seem to remember deauthing everything other then my laptop. However I'm at work right now so I can't look at the command options. You are probably right about the serial cable. At the time I didn't have a serial cable connected to it so the network settings probably got messed up and locked me out somehow. But it wasn't anything a quick reset didn't fix.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to package the new version of MDK3 V5 into a ipk file but with no luck. Could you please explain the process in depth or upload the ipk file somewhere?

Thanks

I figured out how the Piranha firmware built the mdk3 package today and I was able to I compile my own package :D . mdk3 does kind of work along side karma but there are some minor issues. For example, when I tried setting up jasager on channel 6 and set mdk to channel hop it crashed my Fon+ after a minute or so <_< . However, it did run somewhat OK when both were set to the same channel. Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload the package to the forums. But I'll give everyone the makefile so that you can build it your self and maybe some one will be kind and upload the package for the people that don't know how to build it.

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_NAME:=mdk3
PKG_REV:=5
PKG_VERSION:=v$(PKG_REV)
PKG_RELEASE:=1

PKG_SOURCE:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION).tar.bz2
PKG_SOURCE_URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/
PKG_SOURCE_SUBDIR:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION)
PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=$(PKG_REV)
#PKG_SOURCE_PROTO:=svn

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/mdk3
  SECTION:=net
  CATEGORY:=Network
  TITLE:=MDK3
  URL:=http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/
  SUBMENU:=wireless
endef

define Package/mdk3/description
Tool to exploit wireless vulnerabilities
endef

define Build/Configure
endef

define Package/mdk3/install
    $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/sbin
    $(CP) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/mdk3 $(1)/usr/sbin/
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,mdk3))

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got my brandnew 0.7.0 r4 FON running Jasager 2.1 by following this Tutorial, without any Problems (for now ;) )

Now i was going to get MDK3 on my FON to play around, but get the following Error when trying to start mdk3:

mdk3: can't load library 'libpthread.so.0'

I already tried to install "libpthread_0.9.29-13_mips.ipk"

But then i get this Error, when trying to start mdk3:

mdk3: can't resolve symbol '__libc_pthread_init'

So I uninstalled libpthread by simply "ipkg remove libpthread" (Hope didn't fuck up anything).

I would really apreciate if you could help me out, solving this problem.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you can run MDK3 on Fon running on OpenWrt. I am not completely positive though. There was another distribution called "Legend" which can run mdk3 without installing it. All these packages are precompiled on it. Hope this helps

I've got MDK3 running but not fully tested what it can do. The problem I found was that you have to create a second interface in monitor mode for MDK3 to use. If you then change the channel on that interface the AP also follows onto that new interface and so looses any clients who are connected. This is obviously not ideal but I got distracted with trying to get Interceptor sorted out and didn't finish playing with it. I'm back on Jasager now for a while so I'll be looking into this along with a few other things that need sorting out.