Jasager and Sniffing the Wireless Traffic with Ubuntu

In episode # 412, Darren showed sniffing the packets of all the wireless clients connected to the Jasager from a Windows machine.

Here is a step-by-step instructions how to do this with Ubuntu (doing it from any other Linux distribution will be almost the same):

http://dimitar.me/?p=277

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Also the best alternative to Cain and Able on Linux is ettercap. If you need arp poisoning this works. There are tons of youtube videos on how to do this and I feel they are better than a text tutorial so I suggest a search on that.

But this tutorial is great for the setup mad props!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a minor modification to the setup shown by dimitar (AWESOME howto) using DHCP server of the Fon instead of Gadmin-dhcpd on the laptop.

Fon runs digininja's custom kamikaze with built in Jasager.

I've enabled DHCP in X-wrt interface, then:

Range: whatever (10 to 100 in the howto)

Router: nic connected to the Fon (192.168.0.1 in the howto)

Dns: my LAN router, say 192.168.1.1

Everything else runs according to dimitar tutorial, now I have Jasager web interface showing victim's IP addresses, victim have internet access and moreover I can sniff all the traffic, wireshark on the laptop shows packets and ettercap grabs passwords in bridged sniffing mode.

Now if somebody could tell me how to make ettercap work in this environment running in unified sniffing mode, so I can use the fake ssl certificate thingy, I'd be one happy noob.

(Posted same thing on dimitar's blog, but it doesn't show it's waiting for moderation, I fail at the internets)

I have a minor modification to the setup shown by dimitar (AWESOME howto) using DHCP server of the Fon instead of Gadmin-dhcpd on the laptop.

Fon runs digininja's custom kamikaze with built in Jasager.

I've enabled DHCP in X-wrt interface, then:

Range: whatever (10 to 100 in the howto)

Router: nic connected to the Fon (192.168.0.1 in the howto)

Dns: my LAN router, say 192.168.1.1

Everything else runs according to dimitar tutorial, now I have Jasager web interface showing victim's IP addresses, victim have internet access and moreover I can sniff all the traffic, wireshark on the laptop shows packets and ettercap grabs passwords in bridged sniffing mode.

Now if somebody could tell me how to make ettercap work in this environment running in unified sniffing mode, so I can use the fake ssl certificate thingy, I'd be one happy noob.

(Posted same thing on dimitar's blog, but it doesn't show it's waiting for moderation, I fail at the internets)

You are already MitM, why do you need to use ettercap? Just sniff the traffic with ferret, tcpdump, wireshark, network miner.

• 3 months later...
You are already MitM, why do you need to use ettercap? Just sniff the traffic with ferret, tcpdump, wireshark, network miner.

How about to perform filtering actions on the traffic?

Does Kamikaze have something to do something like ettercap's filtering?