Error In Website

BarCa

HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

type Status report

message HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

description The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource (HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL).

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

The following error came when i tried to view a website which is hosted locally in my place...

wat may be the problem?????

wat may be the problem?????

WHat are you using to access the page? A browser, or something like wget? Also, does it use any .htaccess files for settings? If so, it may be blocking your request or even be misconfigured. You might not be authentcated to access it with your current crudentials and might have to be logged on as a specific user to access that resource.

To me it sounds as if there's a problem with your server, it's not responding correctly to the GET method in HTTP. This basically means you can't retrieve information from the server because it's not responding as agreed per the protocol (HTTP).

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

hmm..iam not understanding wat are u teling butt

i am using mozilla firefox as browser

and plzz explain in brief abt other things!

I think the way in which you reached the page is not valid, like as if it wants you to reach that url by way of something like http post or a login mechanism. Meaning, you can't get there by entering the url in the browser, it must be directed to you by way of some form of post or a login to the page. Http get requests are not valid for that resource.

I think the way in which you reached the page is not valid, like as if it wants you to reach that url by way of something like http post or a login mechanism. Meaning, you can't get there by entering the url in the browser, it must be directed to you by way of some form of post or a login to the page. Http get requests are not valid for that resource.

sounds like BarCa needs to do some more reading about HTTP in general as well as server config instead of asking somebody to spoon feed him the solutions...

ok dudes of this site plz give some link to pdfs or something so tat i can learn it or if google then wat to type der!!!!