New phone doesn't display all folders/files

H@L0_F00

ok youre not really being specific. first of all what do you have the phone connected to over bluetooth? another phone, computer, a pda what? second of all what os does the phone run? third of all, are you trying to view the files that are on the phone from the other device or are you trying to view files on the other device from the phone? most phones will have a folder that you need to put files that you want to share over bluetooth in. same with your computer. how you are able to view files and folders on either your phone or the other device will depend on which bluetooth services each device is capable of. you can usually find a list of services in the bluetooth settings of your phone, and vice versa on the other device.

I'm connected via OBEX(FTP) through my computer and on the computer it doesn't show folders like games, applications, tools & utilities, and preloaded files (ringtones/pics which is normal). And the OS is proprietary as the Matrix isn't a smart phone

ok assuming you have both devices added to each others trusted devices, on your phone yo uneed to specify which folders/file path you want to share. depending on the phone and the carrier it may limit you to which folders or files youre able to share first try it with something simple like pictures of videos from your phone to see if youve got the right bluetooth setup.

are you using qpst or bipim, also check the pc connection settings on how the phone is internationg with the computer if its giving you serial connection, mass storage, or acting like a modem to the computer, have you tried usb cable connection if you want more access to file system

I'm assuming you mean "BitPim" but both of those programs are for use with CDMA phones while mine is GSM (AT&T). I don't see what the difference in connecting it via USB vs Bluetooth could be... I'm coming to the conclusion that those operations are disabled or non-existent on my phone

ya, sorry about the typo it was late but i did mean bitpim

i have seen bluetooth profiles be limited or resticted, plus its possible bluetooth isn't giving you a serial connection

are you using a connection program on the computer like p2k or phone tools, or just windows explorer?

howard forums has alot of good phone info if your willing to dig threw it