Two monitors?

W4RP3D

Ive just got a second monitor for my pc and think its absolutly great. I downloaded Ultramon which is an excellent peice of software. The only problem is that this is only a 30 day trial and i cant afford the $30 to buy it.

I know many of you have a number of monitors to one PC and wondering what software do you use?

The features that i like on Ultramon is the fact that there is a second taskbar on the second monitor and you can streck the wallpaper over the two monitors (half on one and half one the other)

What features you say you are getting from that are free in nVidias drivers if you have an nVidia, card. it treats the two monitors as one bascially making windows think it is just one monitor, then splits it between the two to build the image. So you have the start bar across the bottom and you can play games with multiple monitors, although for FPS three monitors are better than two.

I believe ATI has some software called hydravision for mutliple monitors. I'm not sure if it stretches the start bar. But honestly I run three monitors and don't use any additional software. You can get a wallpaper to stretch across all three without third party software, you just need an image formatted for mutliple screens. For me 3840x1024 does the trick.

yea i run 2 here and works great without any 3rd party apps just nvidia driver i dont like to have the start bar streched i just like to have 1 moniter for game/movie and rest for IRC/movie controlls/x-fire buddy list/game guides/ect... so i just stick with wihat i got i run a Crt (21'' LCD 19" and a tv that i dont hook up much ecpt when i have a good movie:P)

hmmm have to search google...

I did it years ago using no software on win 98 with a Matrox G400... which I still use! lol (wow it's either 8 or 9 years old - everytime I went to upgrade I read about the next generation and held out and then well just left it - well I got an xbox lol)

Anyway so it is possiable to do manualy on win 98 that I know

Seems to be a free proggie here:

http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

google is my friend :)

How I miss my dual monitor goodness, but soon... very soon, muhahahaha - ahem *whistling* :roll:

I believe ATI has some software called hydravision for mutliple monitors. I'm not sure if it stretches the start bar. But honestly I run three monitors and don't use any additional software. You can get a wallpaper to stretch across all three without third party software, you just need an image formatted for mutliple screens. For me 3840x1024 does the trick.
Yup me too.

It doesnt streach the start bar as far as I know but its handy for things you want on a screen you can turn off quickly

I believe ATI has some software called hydravision for mutliple monitors.

Ive downloaded the latest one, but i would really like to have a second start bar on the second monitor.

I checked out the ultiMon Task bar but its not brillent. Ill guess i will stay with the free trail for 30 days.

If i unstill a free trail and then reinstall it would it hyperthetical give another 30days?

If i unstill a free trail and then reinstall it would it hyperthetical give another 30days?

Most likely no, if you uninstall it the program is likely to leave some registry keys still that say when it was originally installed. So when you install it again it would see these keys and say "hey, this guys trying to pull as fast one on us" and automatically expire.

You could go through the whole of your registry and try and remore them, or format your computer every 30 days to keep technically using it but both those solutions arn't really worth doing.

Well you could always use system restore on XP

Also (and if this works then the original programmer only has his/her own poor coding to blame) set the date forward in your bios before installing run program once then set it back.

I already posted a link to a webpage with a free alternative :p

I have 2 17" CRTs and only one VGA port which is a bugger. Anyone know if the Nvidia 6200 AGP DVI port can output analoug? Or do i need a DVI to VGA convertor?

You'll need a VGA to DVI convertor simply because the sockets won't match up, otherwise you shouldn't have a problem. The convertors can be got very cheaply from most places as they only adapt the pin layouts of the ports.

I have 2 17" CRTs and only one VGA port which is a bugger. Anyone know if the Nvidia 6200 AGP DVI port can output analoug? Or do i need a DVI to VGA convertor?

You'll need a VGA to DVI convertor simply because the sockets won't match up, otherwise you shouldn't have a problem. The convertors can be got very cheaply from most places as they only adapt the pin layouts of the ports.

There really cheap, i got mine on ebay for £3 with P+P (about $5)

Mint, seen them and the digital to analouge convertors onsale, but was told I;d need a £20 convertor box to make the DVI output ananlouge.

Your graphics card should detect that it is a analog display connect to it and change accordingly. You 6200 is new enought that it should have this feature.

SED's are a way off yet :( - so nice you can feel the textures - lol

No but there are some new LCD's comming ones with LED backlighting :)

check out the latest DL.tv to see some more info :)

Me I'm waiting for those philips rollable screens, I want colour touch - probably 2 years off (only B&W ATM)

• 2 weeks later...