QUAKE3 LAN PARTY JANUARY 10TH

hobo

I have to ask, since I LOVE quake3, and the fact its the greatest running first person shooter to be played so smoothly on really low low low end machines. My question is, when you announced on the show about january 10th quake3 lan party, i remember the server being posted game.hak5.org uhmm,

EDIT>>>JUST FOUND OUT ITS Q3.HAK5.ORG AND FOUND http://hak5lan.squarespace.com/ SO.... IGNORE SERVER QUESTIONS.

i tried to join it in quake3 yesterday and no luck, just awaiting connection... also...you say january 10th is a lan party, but am i right that you were inviting people over the internet to join up and play? im hoping that this is true as its an event i'd love to attend and frag it up with you guys, but i wanted to know the details i guess, is it infact open to internet players, and that server game.hak5.org it doesnt work right now, but will on the tenth? or whats going on there, do i need a specific version of quake3 also? because i have quake 3 but also have quake3 and expansion (team arena) which came out a couple years after with re-vamped quake3 arena (couple sprites upgraded, etc) and i know that the versions are both different, i cant simply install team arena onto my existing quake 3, i have to install that quake 3 and then use the expansion, so ...

im hoping my regular quake3 arena install ( which i use , because i dont play team arena ) is going to cut it...

that is of course, if this holy fragfest is of course, open to internet players/fans, like myself.

can somebody from the hakhouse help me get a better understanding of these things that i am wondering?

ok yeah i have 1.11 1994, damn. gonna have to find the updates.

can it be confirmed what version the server will run on?

and, is q3.hak5.org currently up and gaming for practice before the event on the tenth? cause i cant seem to connect to it as of yet... maybe i need the right version running first? or its not up. whatever the case i want to game that day and am ready to get everything in order so that i can, so once all the details are worked out, please post them here.

We'll be playing straight Quake 3, not Team Arena or other mods. I think 1.32c is the latest but I'm not positive, i'll have to check.

cpma or nothing

cpma is a competitive mod that fixes a lot of shit in q3. its small and most people have it anyways

baseq3 is LOL

http://promode.org/

http://www.challenge-tv.com/index.php?mode...il&file=106

http://www.challenge-tv.com/index.php?mode...il&file=185

C:\Documents and Settings\Boris>nslookup q3.hak5.org
Server:  indnsc31.bt.net
Address:  194.72.9.38

*** indnsc31.bt.net can't find q3.hak5.org: Non-existent domain

C:\Documents and Settings\Boris>nslookup www.q3.hak5.org
Server:  indnsc31.bt.net
Address:  194.72.9.38

*** indnsc31.bt.net can't find www.q3.hak5.org: Non-existent domain

Some thing od there

This is how I came to the conclusion that, at least the domain address (correct term?) was up. I apologize if I'm ignorant to proper etiquette; pertaining to the posting of info I have retrieved. Here's what I came up with.

Pinging www.q3.hak5.org [67.63.55.3] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 67.63.55.3: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=243

Reply from 67.63.55.3: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=243

Reply from 67.63.55.3: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=243

Reply from 67.63.55.3: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=243

Whois IP Query

OrgName: InfoSpace, Inc.

OrgID: INFOSP-9

Address: 601 108th Ave. NE, Suite 1200

City: Bellevue

StateProv: WA

PostalCode: 98012

NetRange: 67.63.48.0 - 67.63.63.255

CIDR: 67.63.48.0/20

OriginAS: AS22293

NetName: INFOSP-9-BLOCK1

NetHandle: NET-67-63-48-0-1

Parent: NET-67-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Assignment

NameServer: NS4.INFOSPACE.COM

NameServer: NS5.INFOSPACE.COM

Comment: http://www.infospace.com

RegDate: 2008-06-26

Updated: 2008-09-24

Not that I work for valve or any thing, but I thought it was worth pointing out that if you don't already have Quake 3 Arena it's on steam and only £13 until Jan 2nd .

If you have allot of spare time you could buy the id super pack for £19 which gets you all of id's stuff excluding Quake 4 and Quake wars enemy territory.