Resuscitate a digital camera

jErikoATo

Hi all

I got my hands on a Hitachi point-and-shoot camera. During file transfer, someone wisely unplugged the camera's USB cable, and now the thing doesn't turn on. There doesn't seem to be much about this model (HDC-761E) anywhere online.

I'd like to revive the thing, but I have no idea on how to get started. There might be some stuff I could load onto an SD card that would reset the firmware, or it might be possible to pop the thing open and connect some pins to reset it, but really I'm not even sure on how to approach this problem. Any ideas?

Hi all

I got my hands on a Hitachi point-and-shoot camera. During file transfer, someone wisely unplugged the camera's USB cable, and now the thing doesn't turn on. There doesn't seem to be much about this model (HDC-761E) anywhere online.

I'd like to revive the thing, but I have no idea on how to get started. There might be some stuff I could load onto an SD card that would reset the firmware, or it might be possible to pop the thing open and connect some pins to reset it, but really I'm not even sure on how to approach this problem. Any ideas?

Take the batteries out, wait 10 second, put them back in.

Am I safe in assuming you've tried a new set of batteries (non-rechargeable have more juice) and tried removing all memory cards and so on?

[slaps forehead, proceeds to wear brown paper bag over head in shame]

This is what I get for trying to debug something on 2 hours of sleep. "I just changed the batteries before it broke," she said. I should have picked up on it, given that every digital camera blinks a light but then does nothing when the batteries are near dead.

Thanks a lot. Sorry for wasting your time.

I lol'd at dead batteries...

I find myself putting them in backwards after a full charge, taking them out to fix, and still ending up putting them in backwards, scratching my head wondering what the f just happened to my camera, only to realize I did it again. It happens to the best of us. I wish these things came with a pack like cam corders or high end cannon and nikons, so you can only put them in/on one way.