about CDFS

mR.xx

hello evrybody here

I wanna hack CDFS this cannt put any file and i'm serch and found some topic sean this web site

frist install server Apache after put iso to this path C:\xampp\htdocs\up

after this editing this host "c:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

here I do not know what put i'm add this

127.0.0.1 localhost # 127.0.0.1/up

final runnig this program LPInstaller but no thing happen

Im going to try and translate this, but will probably phail...

It seems he wants to do a U3 ISO hack(ala switchblade, hacksaw, etc) to put apache on there to isntall on someones pc?? Not sure, but thats all I could decypher from that mess of a question.

Unfortunately, my English very bad

I wanted to I customize the U3 System is protected files can not add it?

I have much to file the amendment were iso him and I want to set the ISO in the U3 System for I can not

I found this site says the author of Apache Server to Aitsal to the site and a iso file again by this program LPInstaller Is there a way to make it related to the local server

88211675wk7.th.jpg

Unfortunately, my English very bad

I wanted to I customize the U3 System is protected files can not add it?

I have much to file the amendment were iso him and I want to set the ISO in the U3 System for I can not

I found this site says the author of Apache Server to Aitsal to the site and a iso file again by this program LPInstaller Is there a way to make it related to the local server

88211675wk7.th.jpg

I apologise but unfortunately my ability to converse in English is poor.

I wish to customise the U3 portion of my U3 capable USB stick but as the U3 partition appears as a simulated CDROM drive I am unable to write directly to it as one might expect of a flash-based drive. I would like to write an ISO to it which contains my own extensive modifications to make alternative uses of this technology. I have found the LPInstaller application but I am unable to persuade it to correctly function. I have heard that a local Apache server can be run in combination with modifications to the Windows host file in order to deceive the LPInstaller application to download what it perceives as its update ISO from the local machine.

This post from the u3-community forum may interest you ..

I could not find the utility to burn .iso image to my sandisk u3 drive 8GB without lousing half of the drive's space(Universal Customizer's fault), so I reversed the standard utility "LPInstaller.exe" (version 1.0.2.35) that you can download from http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1411

The instructions that I got by reversing:

1) Download LPInstaller.exe

2) Extract it(SFX RAR Archive)

3) Create in the folder file qa.ini with the following lines:

[QA]
localISOPath=C:\your_iso_file.iso

4) Run extracted "LPInstaller.exe" with parameter "local"

5) Follow wizard's instructions

6) Safely Remove Hardware

7) Replug it again

Enjoy your iso image on your sandisk u3 drive

I recommend to download the utility, before they fix it

http://u3community.com/viewtopic.php?p=6116#6116

Unfortunately Sandisk has updated the LP-installer since and I don't know if this still works with the new version..

Unfortunately Sandisk has updated the LP-installer since and I don't know if this still works with the new version..

test this method but not succ give me this error

"download of the u3 lanuchpad failed make sure that you are connected to the internet ...."

I will next test apatchy server localhost

thank you all i'm so sorry for my language english very bad

• 2 weeks later...

I have succeeded with this technique to replace the U3 6MB CDFS on a 16GB Cruzer Mini with a Fedora 10 i386 DVD (3.4GB+). This left a 11.5GB Removable volume.

This is with LPinstaller 1.0.2.36.

So we have a general approach on a Cruzer to replace a U3 CDFS partition with our own .iso of any size.

(Unfortunatly I then found that my BIOS does not recognise USB CDROM drives :angry: ).

I have succeeded with this technique to replace the U3 6MB CDFS on a 16GB Cruzer Mini with a Fedora 10 i386 DVD (3.4GB+). This left a 11.5GB Removable volume.

This is with LPinstaller 1.0.2.36.

So we have a general approach on a Cruzer to replace a U3 CDFS partition with our own .iso of any size.

(Unfortunatly I then found that my BIOS does not recognise USB CDROM drives :angry: ).

Thanks for reporting your findings :)

Yes, we now have a general and easy way that works on sandisk drives larger than 4GB

and your findings show that the newest LP-installer is still capable of resizing the CD-ROM ..

Apparently, someone has discovered a method for USB-booting even if BIOS does not support it !

http://www.ubcd4win.com/forum/lofiversion/...php/t11375.html

I'm not sure if that helps us with our "fake" CD-ROM drive troubles but it's still damn interesting !