CD ROM problem

BarCa

hey hi alll

i have a Cd/DVD RW Combo drive in ma C.P.U and it works fine with DVD is inserted

it plays it excellently without ny error ....

but when cd is inserted it does not reply . :angry:

i mean nothing happens....

the cd drive does not respond and light which blinked goes off within a second or so!!!!

have tried laser cleaning but all in vain

wat to do guyssss??

plz suggest something!!!!!!

wen i insert bootable cds like win xp sp2 bootable cd,it plays correclty without ny error

but drive does not read normal cdss like CDs contaning videos or files or music or ny other

In this situation wen i double on tat image drive[dvd-rw(h:)] in my comp,it opens like an empty folder!

:angry:

Are you sure there is something on the cd. maybe its a bad cd and can't read it. Try burning some files to a cd and see if you can then open them.

does this only happen with recordable cd media or is this happening with any cd you insert, for example a music cd? and the disks that youre using, are the RW or just R? i would also check to see that youre using the proper drivers and or firmware for your drive.

Are you sure there is something on the cd. maybe its a bad cd and can't read it. Try burning some files to a cd and see if you can then open them.

but to burn a CD...CD should be detected by the ROM...its not at all detecting.. i put CD RW also ..but in vain

does this only happen with recordable cd media or is this happening with any cd you insert, for example a music cd? and the disks that youre using, are the RW or just R? i would also check to see that youre using the proper drivers and or firmware for your drive.

this happens with a Fresh [newly bought] cd also.....hey wat do u mean by firmware and drivers didn get ya

Had the same problem with a dvd burner, a panasonic dvr 112d I think it was. Worked it out to be a problem with a lazer being out of focus the tinyest fraction. Could be a faulty unit. And I recomend taking it back to the dealer and getting a replacement, I'm sure its prob covered under warrenty.