Dual-boot a vm

ZeroBeat

Well I run both windows and a few linux distros on my box, each one with different functions, but since everyone of them are capable of running virtual box, i was wondering if anybody know if it is possible to make virtual box take boot from an actual partition, so that you could boot the other partitons, say i was in gentoo, and needed something in windows, i would not have to reboot into windows but i could simply just start it as a vm... anyone?

ive used vmware workstation for quite some time it does basically what youre asking. and more

I like VMware Workstation for two features, linked Clone and easier virtual network configuration. But VirtualBox is 6x lighter on HDD, and it leaves no trace after closing.

Can it be done other way? Running your physical Linux partition as a VM in Windows?

Wow i did not do my google-search-homework right, just found this great tutorial, and well might as well share it since this is quite usefull, this is only for booting windows inside linux, but that was also my main concern...

Read it here

Can it be done other way? Running your physical Linux partition as a VM in Windows?

Well i have not looked into that, but i see a major problem, since you would normaly run linux on an ext2/3 partition, and those do not play well with windows...