Chu Moy on Systm

WhollyMindless

Did anyone else check out the latest Systm episode where they showed building a Chu Moy headphone amp? Yeah, it was a bit thin on details and they didn't push the location of the plans terribly well (but the show notes probably have it). But they did cover the "gotchas" that people would quite likely run into and evens showed how they can be personalized.

I have a pair of Chu Moy amps that don't run off of multiple 9v batteries (just a single 9v). They sound awesome and I wouldn't want to go back. Any good headphones just can't be driven by the weak on board amps today.

Reminded me of when Wes was on Hak5.... sniff.

I loved that episode, I am planning to make one soon. I want to start doing soldering boards to pimp out everything.

HAK5 needs another person that does hardware hacking like that from time to time. The software hacking is cool, but the hardcore hardware hacking just to make the show more rounded and interesting is something I think is missing.

I loved that episode, I am planning to make one soon. I want to start doing soldering boards to pimp out everything.

HAK5 needs another person that does hardware hacking like that from time to time. The software hacking is cool, but the hardcore hardware hacking just to make the show more rounded and interesting is something I think is missing.

You said it! More hardware hacks and mods would be great :D