R3 ezine

RogueHart

I have decided that my site is lacking in the content department and doesnt have anything to set it apart. i meant its on a freaking free host. how commonplace can you get?

so i decided to start publishing an ezine on it that is community written.

http://roguehart.zxq.net/?page_id=90

theres the information page.

i decided to do this for a few reasons.

1. i believe that the community has vast amounts of information and opinions in it that just arent shared and expressed. i want to tap into that in order to produce something useful and intriguing.

2. it might be a good way to find cool legit software.

3. could help with my low traffic flow. where i used to get at most 30 visitors per day, i currently get less than 5. probably due to my lack of regular updates.

4. i have random thoughts and rants, opinions, and useless facts that i would like to share on the net but they dont prompt creating a topic to get flamed or cluttering my site with meaningless updates.

so anyone can submit their article about anything they want. just stick to the few guidelines and i can guarantee that it will be included in the next release.

i should note that any articles submitted on a day of release will be held over to the next issue. depending on the response to this i will have my hands full enough trying to format and organize the articles into a readable and attractive format without having to continuously add more stuff.

first issue will be released this friday if i have to write the whole thing myself. and the same can be said about every other release day. there will always be at least 1 article(as long as i have the physical ability to write one) per release. but there is no limit on the number of articles you can submit nor will there be a limit on the number of articles per issue. like i said in the page, my goal is to create a source of information that contains information on all topics in existence.

to those who are reading that and are thinking of posting a link to wikipedia or some equivalent site, just stop where you are. because if i can reach anything anywhere near my goal then the ezine will far surpass the information included in wikipedia.

it should be noted that plagiarism will not be allowed so not copy/paste from a site just to get an advert on the page. just submit an advertisement to be included.

opinions? props? complaints? flames? go ahead and post them.

hmmm this seems interesting id be glad to help

u may want to come up wit a list of subjects that would contain articles that fall under these certain subjects... just a thought so that when u have more articles it doesnt become cluttered and hard to read through

plus page stretching fails...

hmmm this seems interesting id be glad to help

u may want to come up wit a list of subjects that would contain articles that fall under these certain subjects... just a thought so that when u have more articles it doesnt become cluttered and hard to read through

plus page stretching fails...

well my general idea was that once i received the articles i would read them and try to fit them under a good number of catagories and id list the categories in the table of contents.

alright... uhhh if i could find some time (proly in about a week or 2) ill write some historical articles... and a few on science or somthin k

lol ill try to start it off the right way :P

sweet lol. it would be much appreciated. lol.

you can write on anything that interests you lol. and the requirements are low lol

rofl... u might want to heighten ur requirements in the future if u expect people to use it as a reliable resource when u have a large enuf archive of info

i might do that in the future but i dont want to defeat the "anyone can submit anything" idea lol.

I would love to help out in any way

I can help you format the documents

and I will start looking for something to write an article about to make a contribution

any help you would like to offer would be greatly appreciated :)

if you want to help format the documents how would you feel about me sending you some articles and you formatting them to fit the .pdf that it will eventually be released in? i doubt ill get so many articles that i need help formatting them lol but in case i do then i would greatly appreciate your help with that.

and you can write as many articles as you want about w/e you want.

im going to do an article on some google stuff. sms google, gmail, and getting emails forwarded from your gmail to your cell. and if i can get some use out of it ill add in some stuff about google sketchup.

i found time lol... im writing an article on evolution and adaptation

sweet lol. sounds like an interesting read :) dont forget to include the info for your addition to the page. nick, site, donations, ect, ect.

I just finished an article on body building 8]

Where do I email it to (word document)

Do you want pictures along with the article?

Ps. I will gladly help format them just send them my way and I'll work on it. PM me for my email

sorry for double post

the email is on the page lol. theres some other info on there you might wanna know lol. such as advertising and stuff for your site or w/e else your interested in :) dont wanna get too much spam in that email so i dont wanna post it lol

uhhh should i include a list of words people may not understand o.o? or should i just link the word to wikipedia or somtin?

either is fine but you shouldnt have to link to wikipedia since it doesnt take much to look something up lol

So how's the second episode coming along?

I'll be glad to mirror it.

well so far nobody has submitted anything. other than my articles which ive only finished one. working on one now though.

and i thank you for your mirror if you do mirror it :)

I could write something on starting a web business it tough economy, I would also gladly host it for download and help you out with a site shoot me a PM and I'll give you my contact details. Sounds like a good project keep me posted!

i would greatly appreciate it. any articles submitted are greatly appreciated lol.

as far as the site goes i want to say thank you but i respectfully decline. while i would appreciate help and i greatly appreciate the offer i would like to get the site up through its own work. i have a job now and my first payday is this thur so ill have plenty for hosting but being this close to christmas i want to save. so i want to see if i can get enough traffic through the site that the ads pay for a little hosting. i want to see if i can get the site to be self sufficient on hosting costs.

as far as hosting a download goes that would be great lol. the more mirrors the better because until a get hosting up i cant guarantee that there will be an online archive of the past issues. but yeah ill pm you for the site and go ahead and host the first issue if you want to or you can just host the second one. just send me a link to the download page and ill post it as a mirror and add your site to my affiliates section of the sidebar :)