Launching Command Prompt

Masquerade

Hey everyone,

I just have a short question.

Assumed, you have physical access to the guest account of a computer. You have not the privileges to run batches or to view the command prompt by executiny 'cmd'.

What i want to ask if there is any other way to bypass this and getting access to the command prompt.

Thankies

Benny

Hey everyone,

Assumed, you have physical access to the guest account of a computer. You have not the privileges to run batches or to view the command prompt by executiny 'cmd'.

What i want to ask if there is any other way to bypass this and getting access to the command prompt.

Thankies

Benny

What do you need to execute 'cmd' for? If you have physical access to the box, you likely don't need to take the approach that you're attempting to take. Look into LiveCDs like Backtrack.

command.com is the pre cmd.exe for DOS windows users(95, 98, etc). Its still installed on xp but if you are on a guest account, they may have both disabled all together. Even if you can bring it up, without bringing it up as administrator you probably can't do some things like run system commands or such. If you can execute wscipt and cscript, then you may be able to hack your way back to a full cmd prompt by entering things to bypass controls in the registry through the run prompt and some home made vbs files: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ey73d9d3(VS.85).aspx

To test if you can run scripts of any kind, create the following in notepad and save it as test.vbs

msgbox "Hello World!"

and then just click it. If it doesn't run try using wscript or cscript from the run prompt to execute it with the following

"cscript c:\test.vbs"

without the quotes, and only if you saved to file to c:\

If you get an alert box, chances are you can pretty much do anything with the machine.

To get a command shell, try opening the task manager and then File -> New Task. There you can try command.com or cmd.exe.

If you even can't open the task manager I think you probably need an account with more privileges or think of getting more "creative".

And notice: If you have access to the command line you will not be able to do other stuff than in GUI mode. Command line alone means not administrative rights. ;)

Hey everyone.

First, thanks everyone for your replies.

Launching the task manages is disabled and running scripts that are going to open a command prompt do not work neither. Nor command.com.

However, it seems like just displaying the shell (im not whether its the right word, excuse my english) window is disabled. I can execute the scripts, but the "shell" window only appears for about a second and is disappearing then.

If you even can't open the task manager I think you probably need an account with more privileges or think of getting more "creative".

And what would you say, is then more creative?

I can not boot from a live CD, because i cant access the BIOS settings. Sure, there are ways to work around this, like setting a jumper, but im searching for other ways without modifying the hardware.

i not exactly sure ( i dont remember it it was way long ago), but there is a method by using office "word", i think you have to open the "Microsoft visual basic editor" or some thing using"alt+f11", then create a module........

i don't remember what you type in there :unsure: hey guys who know VB help.....

i know i have a file at home about it somewhere :blink: :blink:

If you have access to word and excel, then you can make vb apps and macros in excel files and then run them like programs. I think vb6 code works on the older office suites and newer .net and vbstudio code stuff after vb6 runs on office 2000 and later(don't quote me on that though).

Not sure if they will execute on the system you are using if its locked down.

Hey everyone,

Thankies

Benny

just go too kladblok or make a new file text editor

type in cmd.exe

save it as a exe file and run ;)