Friends computer random restarts

Apollo

My friend has a gaming pc running windows xp. He was having some problems with stability and it locking up on him so I did a reformat since he is still new to the "I can't call Dell customer support" because I own a custom pc world. So I got it up and running and all the drivers installed but now the frakin think starts restarting at random. Like power off power on real quick restart not the proper save all the files open restart. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

My friend has a gaming pc running windows xp. He was having some problems with stability and it locking up on him so I did a reformat since he is still new to the "I can't call Dell customer support" because I own a custom pc world. So I got it up and running and all the drivers installed but now the frakin think starts restarting at random. Like power off power on real quick restart not the proper save all the files open restart. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Bad/wrong drivers for a certain device. Loose hardware, bad hdd. Could be a number of things, including malware. Hard to say without more details.

I'd say not enough power from the PSU,

Try removing extra memory and extra devices and see if it still restarts.

Could be a faulty memory problem?

I'm currently using an old laptop that does that.

What's the ventilation like?

Could be a driver problem, but I thought driver problems were followed by a BSoD?

The problem with my laptop is faulty memory modules/slots. So it could also be a memory problem.

All of this has been stated above ^. But as digip says, it's hard to tell without more details.