Write files to virtual drive?

KeelBug

Howdy all,

Random question for today...

I'm on my work laptop and have swapped out my optical drive for a HDD for now and needing to burn things that are running from it, now you're probably saying "why not copy it to the C: and put the burner back in?" or "just use an external drive" but those aren't exactly quick fixes and if I'm to be doing this regularly, they're just plain annoying.

Ideally I'd like to utilise a virtual drive but for burning/image writing if at all possible.

Anyone know of a solution for this?

You can't write to virtual CD drives, but you can create an ISO with just about any decent CD burning app. ImgBurn is a good choice for Windows, it's small, lightweight, portable and very functional. You can then take this ISO and feed it to the virtual drive to read it and if you need to burn them you can copy them to another machine.

You can't write to virtual CD drives, but you can create an ISO with just about any decent CD burning app. ImgBurn is a good choice for Windows, it's small, lightweight, portable and very functional. You can then take this ISO and feed it to the virtual drive to read it and if you need to burn them you can copy them to another machine.

Yeah I'm aware you can do that... theres a few apps I have that just have a burn to cd option without being able to output to an image file.

Hence my predicament :P

(And yeah I was usin Windows :) )

powerISO. will do what you want. setup to 4 virtual drives, write, read, burn to them whatever you want. the end