Box of junk, Hak5 edition

DingleBerries

• 2 weeks later...

hey gc. not complainin but i still havent received it. if youve shipped it out contact me and ill make sure the address is right.

• 5 weeks later...

good evening lol. sorry for double post but its with good reason.

i received the box today. some interesting stuff in here. i decided it would be a good idea to add 2 things to the box. a notebook(hardcover with a yinyang on the cover) and a pen. both of which you can use to show what you took and what you gave.

i gotta say some of the stuff in there made me lol. it may be a while before i can send it to the next person but ill send as soon as i can. lost my job so my money needs to be prioritized better until i can find another. but it will be worth the wait for whoever gets it next.

hey hak5 crew. want to get the box next? i cant decide who to send to because the only people who showed interest either havent been on the forums in forever or have already had the box.

hey hak5 crew. want to get the box next? i cant decide who to send to because the only people who showed interest either havent been on the forums in forever or have already had the box.

Is the box staying within the US, or can I get on the mailing list in Canada also? Is the shipping rate reasonable enough to send it across the border?

i have no problem with it. as long as it keeps going i dont care to send to anyone who wants. but i added a laptop as well as a bunch of other stuff so it may be a bit heavy to ship international. ill let you know. going job hunting again tomorrow and if i can get a job then ill ship it over to you

<_< now i wish it went to you first

lol being the "box of junk" the laptop is an ancient junker with a busted screen that may not function at all lol.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds great. I could probably make a couple of more boxes up if the other one is MIA. I was wondering if a list of users interested was ever created. I was also thinking maybe a way of doing it would be to have the box itself have an account on the hack5 forums (the password would be in the box) and people can pm the boxes' account if they are interested in receiving it. That way no one has to maintain the boxes location. PM me and I will send one your way.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anybody know of a flat-rate shipping option in Canada? All I've been able to find are eBay Canada Post flat rate boxes, but I think you can only use shipping labels from ebay auctions on the box. Canada Post's parcel rate looks ok, but it would be nice to know a flat rate in advance.

Anyway, I am putting together another box of junk - the Hak5 Box of Junk Canadian Edition, eh. ;) It could be sent across the border also, but it will probably be cheaper to keep it in Canada. If there is anybody interested, PM me.

• 1 month later...

noone knows where it is???????????/

i sent it off to the next address on the list months ago O.o

It needs a website with a geographical pinpoint map...when u get the box...you log it in.

That way ppl have an idea of where it is and where its gone and who has it.

Google wave! When ever you send it you add the person you sent it to to the wave and when they receive it they add a marker on the map then add the next person!

I have 21 invites on one acct, and 8 on 2 others.

• 5 months later...