Box of junk, Hak5 edition

DingleBerries

TGIMBOEJ HAK5 EDITI0N

The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk is a mix between P2P and a Flea Market. You will recieve a box full of all types of things, motors, RAM, switches, broken circut boards, ect. Some of these items may come in handy with projects, some may not be so useful.

Conditions:

1. You cannot talk about Fight Club

2. Be sure the all the items can fit in a USPS flat rate box. Also be sure its priority mail.

3. Take what you want, give what you can.

4. Please do not send it off with out trying to contribute something.

5. Photograph the box/contents when you receive it and post it to the forums, in the proper section.

6. Be sure to check off your name so that you do not receive the box twice, just to keep it fair.

7. Withing a decent time period, no more than 2 weeks, mail the box back off. Be sure to write down the name of the person you sent it to

in that note book from step 6.

8. Purposely left blank.

9. Try to keep the contents off the box a semi-secret. The pictures will be a sort of indicator of whats in there, but do not disclose the items you put in there. This is so that no one is called out for putting to little or to much in the box.

EDIT

When you get the box there will be a spiral note book inside with the name of a person.. PM them on the Forums to get their address.. That way there isnt a list of hak3rs addresses floating around. PM me if interested.

Calving (Splitting a Box)

Sometimes the box gets too full and needs to be split.

Follow the basic instructions on How to start a box for the second box. When you are starting off the new notebook, please note which box it was calved from and any donor information that ought to continue with both boxes. Also update the Box Tracking page to add the code name you've assigned

Box is being sent out Monday to the first person on the list. PM me to get a spot.

sending pm. this sounds interesting and i have boatloads of random junk. never thrown out any old pc weather it was broken or not. just salvaged w/e i thought might be useful in the future.

just a random question. would things like old pc/os manuals be considered something that could be put in the box?

just a random question. would things like old pc/os manuals be considered something that could be put in the box?

I have some XML books i was going to throw in there, but remember it has to fit in a flat rate box.. And Im sure the next person doesnt want the box to be full of books. They want to tinker ;).

I have some XML books i was going to throw in there, but remember it has to fit in a flat rate box.. And Im sure the next person doesnt want the box to be full of books. They want to tinker ;).

true but ive got 2 manuals. one for win95 and one for the pc it came with. maybe they could become a permanent part of the box for a little reminiscing for those that receive it. they are pretty small. maybe 4-5inch tall and 3-4 inch wide. 1-2cm thick. both same size.

of course i have other junk as well lol

I got a 50lb A+ book fro whoever and netowkring fro dummies i might throw in

id love either one lol. or at least a chance to read lol

Im sitting on a linux for dummies and C++ book. always handy to have documentation thats not online

i now have an ubuntu 8.10 cd and stickers lol