HotSpot Server?

Corrosion.

I'd like to make a hotspot...

I just want it really simple, when someone connects to the access point it will forward their web browser to my web server... Thats it.

I have a belkin54g F5D7230-4 6000 router

:) Nice... but

I've been searching that and cannot find a free way to do it. The only free ones I found either require internet or a router that I dont have.

I did search... Is there an alternative? I just need it to open the browser and/or forward their browser to my webpage.

Are those AP's hackable/modable? That would be like a pineapple on steroids with repeaters all over your neighborhood/local town/city for good coverage. Purely for white hat stuff of course...ehem

Are those AP's hackable/modable? That would be like a pineapple on steroids with repeaters all over your neighborhood/local town/city for good coverage. Purely for white hat stuff of course...ehem

Yeah I have 8 external units and 4 internal units, well the older ones which they targeted towards home users which they stoped doing and jacked up the price (still the same units) and now included support. They are all Atheros based and are very hackable.