Change a remote controlls frequency

naxoz

Is it possible to "hack" a remote controll to change its frequency?

Im having trouble with two of my remotes.

The one to the parabole tuner, and the otherone is to my "sorround system volum controller thingy".

The problem is, when I'm pressing, any button, on my parabole tuner remote, the sorround volume decreases or encreases.

This is so irifucingtaiting.

So is it possible to change the frequency of the remote.

Can anyone help me?

Well you get paid on a hourly basis? Your going to be spending more then a few hours configuring this to no avail,

Might as well purchase a universal remote.

Saw on some radio-related hack podcast, something about how you could use the crystal, in the failsafe device of a toaster, in a walkie-talkie to tune in on McDonald's drive through microphones, (haven't tried it though), maybe a simulate technique could be used (but even if, damn I would not get started on that, except maybe if I where a engineering genius). If you can understand this you might have a slim chance

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think the problem could be solved with a Universal Remote. It sounds like the problem is that its the same signal for both things, so using a universal remote will just put out the exact same signals and the problem would continue.

I'd check the manual for the devices, so things have options to change the frequencys. (like my surround sound system has three settings on the base unit and the remote).

I dont think the problem could be solved with a Universal Remote. It sounds like the problem is that its the same signal for both things, so using a universal remote will just put out the exact same signals and the problem would continue.

I'd check the manual for the devices, so things have options to change the frequencys. (like my surround sound system has three settings on the base unit and the remote).

That would mean changing the signal/frequency of the receiver