MSI Wind u90

silentknight329

k i have a 1 gig thumbdrive.. what would i need to download to get bt3 to install off of it?

~silent

The easiest way to install BackTrack 3 Final in your situation is to download the USB Version (Extended) from here, and use unetbootin to create a bootable USB thumdrive.

From there, head on over to the remote-exploit forums and use their search function to research the best method to install to your hard disk, to suit your needs.

You might also want to look here, or look at the BackTrack wiki also. Don't forget to look at the BackTrack wiki's Hardware Compatibility List, to see what works. Even if your specific hardware is not listed, don't fret. Sift through the remote-exploit forums, and google your fingers silly, and I'm sure you'll get it squared away.

Remember: Google is our friend. Good luck to you. Be well.

I have the Wind u100 [it's the same hardware] and unfortunately not everything in BT3 works out of the box, you'll have to hack it a bit after installation.

You need drivers for the wifi card, the touchpad doesn't always work, and there are some problems with graphics.

k so do u know where i could get the drivers, probably the msi website.. but i'm kinda lazy.. sorry but i'm really digging the open suse i might just keep that. and because it has an sd card slot would it be easier to install off of that or would a memory stick be better? i'm kinda new to this crap

ok so i was installing bt3... no wait i wasnt.. i was going to but when i got to the part where i 'startx' it goes black then goes back to saying cannot connect to X server [errno 104] so i dunno what i do... oh i was installing off of my memorystick following the directions from above..

~silent