visual studio express edition

DLSS

ok i got my new c't today (dutch computermag i always get)

and it came with :

logo_express_editions.gif

visual studio express editions

visual basic 2005 express

visual c# 2005 express

visual j# 2005 express

visual web developer 2005 express

sql server 2005 express

msdn library 2005 express

.net frameword 2.0

on the disk

i kno wot the things like sql and the programming language's r n stuff but wot in instance is this framework exept from the empty sentence developers platform.

is it worth for me installing it n getting into that kinda stuff ?

is there anyone of u guys that wants it ? i can upload it , but it's freely available off of the m$ website .....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

gimme some input pls , greetz DLSS

Don't microsoft have a half tendancy to call the carpist version of there products "<name of product> express". For example: "Outlook" and "Outlook Express". Most likly "visual basic 2005 express" means that it doesn't come with crystal reports, it may not even have intuative database access (not that the full version has that actualy). It may not even offer you to create DLLs or ActiveX or other such aplications. I'm just guessing based on other MS express products.

I have a MSDN Premium Subscription and get full versions of everything Microsoft puts out but anything with express tagged onto it’s name should go in the bin.

Not everyone wants to pay tons of money for something. If you're just a hobby programmer, and just want to mess around with code, I say use the express versions. Unless you want to pirate VS2005.

/me shrugs

wot in instance is this framework exept from the empty sentence developers platform.

The .NET Framework is to C# and the other .NET languages what the JVM is to Java. You need the one to be able to use the other.