Back Track 4 Art Work Contest.

Seshan

Muts has anounced a Artwork contest for back track 4.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=18435

Hello to everyone!

The time has come...and BT4 is at the stage where we need to take care of the graphics. For this reason we would like to announce a "BackTrack 4 Artwork Contest".

We need:

* Wallpaper

* KDE Splash screen

* Framebuffer image

* Various Icons

* Website Design

* Vbulletin Forum Design

The basic rule is that the dragon stays. Other than that, we are looking for a clean professional interface.

The winner of the contest will have his artwork published and viewed by millions of people - and will have the uttmost satisfaction in knowing they have contributed to BT4

Please post links to your artwork in this thread - make sure the links will last for more than 1 month.

A winner will be announced on the 7th of December, 2008.

PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD CLEAN OF COMMENTS - JUST SUBMISSIONS PLEASE.

Good luck to you all,

The Remote Exploit Gang

Can't wait for Back track 4 :D

I wasn't sure to put this in Everything else or here.

Im a new member, so I can't post links yet on their site, but here is what I have so far. Its a little cluttered and I am still working on it, but the rough draft is done.

-image removed- I had to remove all the images, because some people were defacing websites and hotlinking th eimages from my site!

Im a new member, so I can't post links yet on their site, but here is what I have so far. Its a little cluttered and I am still working on it, but the rough draft is done.

bt4.jpg

Looks great Digip! :)

... ok you win.. that is crazy good... u use photoshop or what?

Yeah, photoshop. But the image itself is nothing special. I am thinking of just going 2 color with some gradients black and white and removing the flames. I am probalby going to redo the dragon, as its a modified vector shape version of one I found on google. Just a mock up. The orginal artists image is here: dragon%20tribal.GIF

For the final I will make my own dragon with the pen tool in PS.

2 more I submitted. The third one is probably going to be the direction I go in. 2 tone colors, maybe with a splash or bright orange or red to keep with previous backtrack wallpapers and offensive security website colors of black and orange.

-image removed- I had to remove all the images, because some people were defacing websites and hotlinking th eimages from my site!

2 more I submitted. The third one is probably going to be the direction I go in. 2 tone colors, maybe with a splash or bright orange or red to keep with previous backtrack wallpapers and offensive security website colors of black and orange.

bt4b.jpg

bt4c.jpg

now this is just my opinion.. the flames on the first one is sweet looks really good.. but the lettering.. looks weird to me.. not a bad thing... just weird, reminds me of super mario..

but its still cool!

oh and do u wanna make one of them having the flames surrounding the dragon.. that would be sweet too

I was actually going for the 8bit retro look with the text on the one, so yeah, its sort of video game text, but that was my goal. Its an 8-bit explosion.

It was suggested to me on the back track forums to make the same one with the other text, so here it is. I am glad people like the wallpapers. Any ideas you have, please let me know so I can work on them for the contest.

I know this isn't the BT4 forums, but I appreciate the feedback on the images. Let me know what you think!

2 more, new tail per Muts request.

The first one you posted was really good, how about something in a similar style to that one ?

Yeah, I like that one too, but the more I made the more they asked me to make it simpler. I have a feeling they are going to just want text against a black background with a little dragon pic to the side, like they already have now. :)

Yeah, I like that one too, but the more I made the more they asked me to make it simpler. I have a feeling they are going to just want text against a black background with a little dragon pic to the side, like they already have now. :)

Yeah that's the way they have been in bast versions too. You have to keep in mind that these will be going on many machines with all kinds of monitor sizes.

Trying to keep them simple now. Concept is just "4". No need to say Back Track, since, the dragon is so iconic with Back Track, that it goes without saying.

Trying to keep them simple now. Concept is just "4". No need to say Back Track, since, the dragon is so iconic with Back Track, that it goes without saying.

Actually those are pretty cool !

Quite like the concept of no Back Track text, but I am sure they will want it included..

ps. did you manage to get the full image of the dragon sent to you from anyone ? I would be interested to receive it myself if you have it..

I would be interested to receive it myself if you have it..

I just used a wallpaper off google and then traced out what I wanted, modified what I didn't want. if you notice, the head on mine is completly different.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the original Brushes for photoshop on dA: http://dragonkahn.deviantart.com/art/DKz-Dragons-528778

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I had to remove all the images from my site, as someone was defacing other sites and hotlinking directly to the artwork from my site. If you go here, http://hewiz.com/ you can see what I mean. I replaced the image they used with a little message for them, so anyone who quoted my posts in this thread, please edit and remove the image links so i don't get any more 404's in my server logs.

If anyone still wants the wallpapers, you can download them here: http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/bt-wallpapers.rar in a rar file.

Thanks,

DigiP

I know this is an old thread, but I had to remove all the images from my site, as someone was defacing other sites and hotlinking directly to the artwork from my site. If you go here, http://hewiz.com/ you can see what I mean. I replaced the image they used with a little message for them, so anyone who quoted my posts in this thread, please edit and remove the image links so i don't get any more 404's in my server logs.

If anyone still wants the wallpapers, you can download them here: http://www.twistedpairrecords.com/digip/bt-wallpapers.rar in a rar file.

Thanks,

DigiP

i love the BTwhitetest2 one. with the actual firebreathing. looks amazing.. keep up the great work sir