Laundry Card hack

chaalbaaz

hey - i was wondering if anyone could spare some advice about dumping the hex data off these cards

i have coinmach laundry in my friends apt complex and by hooking up their esd card to my reader i got this:

ATR 3F 11 11 00

im not exactly sure how to send APDU commands to the card with this program or what the commands are for that matter anyway

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. Why not buy a washing machine? And paying 2500 dollars for software instead of using it on laundry money???

laundry card - 5$

reader - 15$

tryin to get free stuff when youre bored on a sunday - total 20$

(wondering why the mastercard comercial is in ur head - annoying)

wow, I'm so glad i came across this forum.

It would be nice to be able to back up my card in case it gets lost, broken or unreadable. (1 got lost and another became unreadable...guess it was used too many times, who knows, it was a hand-me-down)

I did some research after reading this whole thread and this is what i found.

I have an ESD card (i believe the same or similar as what is being spoken about)

It's the vanilla card

http://www.esdcard.com/cards.htm

This is the machine that operates with the card

http://www.esdcard.com/specsheets/diamondcenterplus.pdf

and finally, the card itself

post-19236-1274553709_thumb.jpg

so i guess i am where everyone else is.

just wanted to throw my info into the fray

I have been looking all through the web looking for a way to hack my laundry card. It is one of those that have a gold colored microprocessor build on the top of it. Possibly if theres a way to clone them cause i tried to do a Ki & IMSI scan with woron scan and i got the KI but nothing comes up with the IMSI I guess cause they distribute alot of them there would be no IMSI... When i use programs like SimEmu I get no reading from the card. I am not a hacker or anything, I'm not sure if this will even work but hex dump?

Step 1:

Load your card with $20, do a hex dump.

Step 2:

Save hex dump.

Step 3:

Go do some laundry.

Step 4:

Clear card and then reload saved hex dump from step 2 back onto the card.

Step 5:

Go do some more laundry and see if it still works.

Not sure what programs are out there to read hex code from these cards maybe someone does... Heres an image of the microprocessor:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4372/29...80b677c0698.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4391/2925395743bccffca0a.jpg

thanks

I have been looking all through the web looking for a way to hack my laundry card. It is one of those that have a gold colored microprocessor build on the top of it. Possibly if theres a way to clone them cause i tried to do a Ki & IMSI scan with woron scan and i got the KI but nothing comes up with the IMSI I guess cause they distribute alot of them there would be no IMSI... When i use programs like SimEmu I get no reading from the card. I am not a hacker or anything, I'm not sure if this will even work but hex dump?

Step 1:

Load your card with $20, do a hex dump.

Step 2:

Save hex dump.

Step 3:

Go do some laundry.

Step 4:

Clear card and then reload saved hex dump from step 2 back onto the card.

Step 5:

Go do some more laundry and see if it still works.

Not sure what programs are out there to read hex code from these cards maybe someone does... Heres an image of the microprocessor:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4372/29...80b677c0698.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4391/2925395743bccffca0a.jpg

thanks

is this the process you tried to follow, but failed at?

http://www.brookson.com/gsm/cardclone.pdf

Well. I have a Phelps laundry card with no clue where to start.. other than the fact that I have complete and utter control of the machine that spits out cards, reads and writes to them.... so I guess that is a start.

Machine says debitek on the outside, but inside, there is a sticker referencing the serial number, and Emergis Inc. INJECTED FEB 2009 - TASQ Tech (on the back of the card writer). When I open the back panel of the writer, there is some removable circuits, and under the 'secure' protective face plate, there is a serial connection. For all intents and purposes, it is a debit/creditcard machine connected through a phone line.

It refers to cards as 'money clips'.

So... does anyone know what protocol/standard/ laundry smartcards use? the microprocess/EPROM or what have you?

Might be very worth noting that I am not doing this in attempts to 'steal' anything. Just want to see how it works, maybe test it a couple times to make sure I have an understanding :D.

Thanks,

Dav3

This forum got me thinking, just how safe are "secure" smart cards. I carry one every day that happens to grant access to secure sites. I would hate to think that if someone got a hold of it, they could crack it and use it like they had permissions to. There are steps in place to prevent that from happening should someone have got a hold of my card like the 3 try lock-out password system, and the fact that I report it missing as soon as I realize it. But really, how safe are smart cards?

In my opinion they are only as secure as you are. By that i mean if you don't have another layer of security be it physical or digital. Then its as simple as understanding the algorithm that they use to encrypt them.

most smart cards being magnetic strips you can get a card reader and writer for like $300. Then all you need is to understand what data is on each of the magnetic layers. yes its time consuming but if someone had enough time or new the algorithm the could just clone the card or make a master card. the problem goes with physical security, such as having to type a password on a keypad once the card has been swiped, or having a physical key that you have to turn.

its the same case with say a gift card to a store, sure you can clone a gift card but the problem comes up as one of the layers of data is an temporary account that the money put on the card resides in. Once the card is used it take that money and moves it to another account and closes the one that it was in. So now the cloned card is useless because that account no longer exists.

Edited by IrishFavor

• 1 month later...
But thats not how to OP posted their original question. I am sure that if all he wanted was a smartcard dumper program some one would have more than generous. I just dont wash my clothing until it is absoluty necessary, you have no idea how far some febreeze and a bottle of axe can get you :).

Funny your avatar is a box of dingle berries! LOL! when your skivvies have a case of those, febreze and axe

won't get you so far...

• 10 months later...

Try doing a hex dump, and format card, then add the previous hex dump like Hitokiri suggested.

I think that could work.

Unless they do it online and the card is like account details to an online account that stores the amount of money

you have on the card.

But then you could always "find" one of your neighbors cards who has a lot of money on it and copy it.

Edited by Remotesh

• 2 months later...

For backup reasons only of course. I found a few old programs that need serial connection for the modification of smart cards. I was wondering if I ordered the ACR38 Smart Card Reader/Writer would that come with USB software that would allow me to A) Modify the amount or B) Hex dump the card. Is that the correct reader and writer for a red arrow Coinmach card? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...